VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I have tried Adobe Premiere cs3 and I cannot import m2ts files from my sr8. It claims it to be a unsupported format. It would be nice because Encore would burn to a blu ray disc without encoding. Vegas 8.0 and DVD Architect can edit the file but cannot burn to a blu ray disc without re-encoding. Does anybody know a cheap work around to accomplishing this? I have a fortune in software and can't accomplish the task.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Depends what you mean by "editing". Just trimming stuff out?

https://forum.videohelp.com/topic346069.html (Step4-TSremux portion in particular)

Look at the features in TsRemux. VERY basic, but it'll make Blu Ray without encoding.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    trimming, adding transitions and slides. Fades, text pop-ups and so on. The things you would do in Vegas 8.0 pro.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    If a person uses Sony Vegas 8.0 to edit AVCHD, how do you burn your finished product to blu ray disc without further compression?
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    You can't go back to AVCHD transport streams, unfortunately. Transitions are always going to require some re-encoding, and I'm unaware of an AVCHD "encoder". I'd render out to HD MPEG2 - MP@HL, then TSremux that. Blu Ray will accept an Mpeg2 source.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    You can edit/convert your blu-ray ripped m2ts file with Jake Ludington mod VirtualDubMod as described in this article:
    http://www.jakeludington.com/camcorder/20070118_how_to_edit_avchd_m2ts_files_from_sony...amcorders.html
    Quote Quote  
  7. His "mod" for opening m2ts files is only the addition of a template for using AviSynth's DirectShow() source filter:

Originally Posted by m2ts.avst
    #ASYNTHER M2TS Editing
    DirectShowSource("%f")
    You could just as well use the regular DirectShowSource() template. You could also create your own AviSynth script that uses DirectShowSource() and use any version of VirtualDub. Of course, you have to have AviSynth installed for any of this to work.

You also need a DirectShow m2ts source filter for DirectShowSource() to work. He suggests PowerDVD. You can also use the free Haali Media Splitter.

He also includes a bunch of publicly available filters (several MSU filters for example). That will save you searching and download time if you want those filters.
    Quote Quote  
  8. Guest
    Soopafresh wrote:
    You can't go back to AVCHD transport streams, unfortunately. Transitions are always going to require some re-encoding, and I'm unaware of an AVCHD "encoder".
    You can try frameserving out of Vegas to an Avisynth script like this:

Code:
    DirectshowSource("frameserve.avi")
    AssumeTFF()
    ConverttoYV12()
    Then feed that script to MeGui and use this Template:

avchd_template.zip
    Quote Quote  
  9. Guest
    Originally Posted by Guest
    Soopafresh wrote:
    You can't go back to AVCHD transport streams, unfortunately. Transitions are always going to require some re-encoding, and I'm unaware of an AVCHD "encoder".
    You can try frameserving out of Vegas to an Avisynth script like this:

Code:
    DirectshowSource("frameserve.avi")
    AssumeTFF()
    ConverttoYV12()
    Then feed that script to MeGui and use this Template:

avchd_template.zip
    ***I'm still experimenting with it, but I think it will work................
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    ........Man that was strange! I posted the previous post and it duplicated it and used "Guest".

Weired................
    Got my retirement plans all set. Looks like I only have to work another 5 years after I die........
    Quote Quote  
  11. Mod Neophyte Super Moderator redwudz's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    You mean you are 'Deleted member'? It does show as 'Guest' when you look at it in 'review' mode.
    Quote Quote  
  12. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I am sure you have gathered that I am not an expert in this arena. All I really wanted to do was download my SR8 clips to an editing venue like Vegas 8.0. This would allow me to get fancy at my limited level of expertise, add slides, transitions, fades and so on. Then I would like to burn it, uncompressed, to a blu ray disc for play. When I try to create an image file for blu ray right from Vegas, I get either no sound, choppy video, or unplayable file. I have tried all four combinations of possibilities for image files. I have been told that portion of Vegas does not work well anyway. How can I take a timeline from Vegas containing m2ts files, jpegs and transions and burn to a blu ray disc for play? Maybe it is not possible. It seems like Adobe Premiere CS3 and Encore would do the job but you cannot work with m2ts files. If there was a work around for that, I think I would be interested. These things drive me nuts, it can't be that hard?
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    You want easy.............use the latest Nero Vision.......................

You want to do it with Vegas?

You can do it by rendering out to HDV, then follow my "Basic HDV to Blu-Ray" guide. You can also render out to AVCHD using the method I posted earlier. Frameserve out video and encode to "RawAVC" in MeGUI using my Profile I posted in the zip. Export audio as ac3, then mux them together with tsMuxer. Then follow the rest of my guide.

Now if that's too hard for you, just use Nero Vision........."so easy, even a caveman can do it".
    Got my retirement plans all set. Looks like I only have to work another 5 years after I die........
    Quote Quote  
  14. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I assume that when you say use Nero, you are referring to the entire edit and render within Nero? That would limit me to how fancy I can get with the content so I will follow your lead and try the alternative. I was in search of a way to edit in Vegas and render some where else for blu ray, but I guess that is impossible?
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Use Vegas to edit it, render to HDV, USe NERO 8 Ultra with the BluRay Plugin and made a BluRay h.264 DVD.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    WAIT... SONY VEGAS Pro 8 does support blu ray.
    http://www.sonycreativesoftware.com/products/product.asp?PID=457&PageID=104
    But it does not support authoring, I spent 20 minutes to talk to sony.
    I then check Adobe encore CS3 and it does support it.
    I am ready to offer Blu-Ray dvd to my wedding business and will get one blu-ray dvd duplicator from http://www.amazon.com/Pioneer-BDR-202-Stand-Alone-Blu-Ray-Duplicator/dp/B000X12IWO/ref...4229123&sr=8-1
    Quote Quote  
  17. Member
    Search Comp PM
    the problem with encore or premiere, it does not recognize m2ts or avchd files.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    No, but Premiere can import MTS if they're wrapped in an Avisynth script - here's the Premiere plugin http://videoeditorskit.sourceforge.net/

You can automatically prepare the MTS files with this https://forum.videohelp.com/topic346331.html
    Quote Quote  
  19. Member
    Search Comp PM
    You are definately the king of swing. I cannot devote the time tonight, but this weekend I will give this a try.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    It seems to work. Just tested it. I know very little about Premiere, other than it is one picky application.

The preparation script I wrote might need to be tweaked to conform to your project requirements, specifically these two lines below

The top line does a basic deinterlacing of the video. If you want to maintain interlacing, just delete the line.

The second line resizes your video. Depends on many factors how you want your video dimensions to be, so modify those numbers to suit your requirements.
    Quote Quote  
  21. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I have to attend a weekend meeting out of town. I will be giving this a try later in the week. I will let you know how it goes. Again, thanks.
    Quote Quote  
  22. Member
    Search Comp PM
    guys, I am new. I shot s small budget indy movie in m2ts on a Canan hf10 and have a question.

whats the point of burning it on a blu-ray and not just a DVD? isn't the quality the same regardless?
    Quote Quote  
  23. Six times the capacity?
    Quote Quote  
  24. Member
    Search Comp PM
    six times, yeah, but big deal... quality is the same right? at least for me it should be.
    Quote Quote