VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hello,
    I have a DVD with several chapters and a menu for accessing them....Or at least that was the intention. For some reason the DVD was wrongly authored and when I insert the disc in my DVD player, I only can play one chapter and CANNOT access the menu, although the menu is there because I can see it when I process the DVD with DVDShrink. So I guess the key is trying to manipulate the IFO files to restore the menu functionality. But I don't know how.

Thank you.
    Greetings,
    Fede
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    best bet would be to try to rip it movie only with shrink and be happy, as it doesn't sound like you have the original to start over with.
    --
    "a lot of people are better dead" - prisoner KSC2-303
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    DVD Remake Pro can probably do it. PGCEdit may be able to as well, but with more effort on your part.
    Read my blog here.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by guns1inger
    DVD Remake Pro can probably do it. PGCEdit may be able to as well, but with more effort on your part.
    Using DVDReMake Pro doesn't imply re-encoding?.The structure of IFO files is SO complex that I cannot understand them.
    Greetings,
    Fede
    Quote Quote  
  5. Using DVDReMake Pro doesn't imply re-encoding?
    No, it's not an encoder.
    The structure of IFO files is SO complex that I cannot understand them.
    Which is why we use programs like DVDRemake and PGCEdit. Personally, I'd use PGCEdit for the job. Set it up to Trace and follow the trace to see where it goes wrong. It should be pretty easy to discover what's messed up about it. Fixing it will probably be trickier as you'll have to know how to modify and/or add navigation commands.

Or, as aedipuss suggests, do a DVD Shrink Movie-only reauthor.
    Quote Quote