VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Wonder if anyone can help. Whenever ever I try and play online videos that use a imbedded 'windows media player' The picture always comes out looking like as if I was looking though a thermal imaging camera. Loads of funny colours.

Anyone have any ideas what could be causing this? Something I haven’t installed properly? I've got the most up-to-date graphic drivers...
    DVD region settings are a joke, I can't believe how stupid people are falling for it
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    If you aren't running the latest version of wmp (ver. 11), upgrade from Microsoft's website. The upgrade will be installed over your present version and give a rollback option.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Dont even try that wmp 11, once its in, there's no going back, read the ms articles first

Dose this occur with all sites that use the player, or just some particular sites, some sites dont have their act together which cause's all kinds of system problems, even system crash's.

What about yutube video ?

You should be aware that having the latest video drivers is not always going to provide you with the best experience, you may need to uninstall the current video drivers package, and install a previous package release to get the best quality from the current hardware.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    You are wrong. I have rolled back to wmp 10 from wmp 11 more than once. See attached.

http://www.microsoft.com/windows/windowsmedia/player/11/readme.aspx#Rollingbacktoaprev...ionofthePlayer
    Quote Quote  
  5. Originally Posted by Bjs
    Dose this occur with all sites that use the player, or just some particular sites,
    All sites with video content that use WMP. I've tried many and it's always the same.

Originally Posted by Bjs
    What about yutube video ?
    That works fine, so does quicktime, flash, java etc it's just WMP that does this.
    DVD region settings are a joke, I can't believe how stupid people are falling for it
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    jumbo_holden is correct. In my experience, wmp is the only media player that has this problem. There may be others, but I don't know which ones they would be. Quicktime seems to be the most reliable on my computer.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Try reinstalling the version of WMP that you are using and/or install the WMP codec pack. Both are available from the M$ website.
    Google is your Friend
    Quote Quote