VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. I'm looking for a small, free program that lets me capture DV audio only.

I tried adobe premiere, but it takes up too many resources, it doesn't have the ability to mute the audio while capturing, plus it stops capturing as soon as you click on any other application (taking premiere out of focus).

Is there anything more simple out there, I need something like WinDV, but with the option to capture only audio.
    Quote Quote  
  2. You can do it with GraphEdit. The first time requires a bit of setting up but after that it is fairly straightforward.
    John Miller
    Quote Quote  
  3. could you give me step-by-step instructions on how to achieve this with GraphEdit. this software is totally alien to me
    Quote Quote  
  4. Would an audio-only AVI file work for you? It would be the same size as a WAV file. Most editors will treat the file as if it were a WAV file.

The reason I ask is that you have to jump through a lot of hoops to get GraphEdit to write to a WAV file (on XP at least). Vista has the right bits to make it straightforward (for a change!)
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    You can capture DV audio only with the ScenalyzerLive program.
    The unregistered version will put a watermark in the video, but in this case that is no problem I guess

Quote Quote  
  6. Originally Posted by JohnnyMalaria
    Would an audio-only AVI file work for you? It would be the same size as a WAV file. Most editors will treat the file as if it were a WAV file.

The reason I ask is that you have to jump through a lot of hoops to get GraphEdit to write to a WAV file (on XP at least). Vista has the right bits to make it straightforward (for a change!)
    An audio-only AVI would do just fine, yes. However, I am not on Vista.

Originally Posted by The_Doman
    You can capture DV audio only with the ScenalyzerLive program.
    The unregistered version will put a watermark in the video, but in this case that is no problem I guess

That program is perfect and does the job of recording a WAV directly from DV, it can even mute the audio while capturing, which is exactly what I need. Thanks!
    Quote Quote