VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    All of my dvd copies are on my hard drive. I would like to put them on some blank dvd's. Once they are on a dvd, would I need to use a program like DVDfab to burn them back to my hard drive (if I ever decided to do so)? Or can I just open the file once I put the dvd in, and copy/paste it (using something like teracopy)? Just trying to clear up some space on my hard drive.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Mod Neophyte Super Moderator redwudz's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    You don't need any program. Just copy and paste the VIDEO_TS folder to your hard drive. Ripping is only needed for encypted discs and to eliminate region codes, neither of which a backup copy should have.

And jason, in the future please use a more descriptive subject title in your posts to allow others to search for similar topics. I will change yours this time. From our rules:
    Try to choose a subject that describes your topic.
    Please do not use topic subjects like Help me!!! or Problems.
    Thanks,
    Moderator redwudz
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    you decrypted them putting them on your hard drive they will stay that way burning to disc. dvdr is burned as data so copy/paste will work getting the folders off the dvdrs also. or just highlight and drag from folder to folder if you want.
    --
    "a lot of people are better dead" - prisoner KSC2-303
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Thank you for the help!
    Quote Quote