VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
    Search Comp PM
    hi, im trying to download a big file from a site which i look after for a band. altogether the site is around 800mb which has all the updates etc. now when i download i get 0.5kbps p/s then it drops and picks up. i can surf the web great. im with aol and runing vista. any help wouldbe great.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Have you tried downloading a large file from a different site?

Have you tried running a speed test? (I don't know the right ones for the UK)

Web surfing isn't very demanding so things can seem OK even when there are network problems.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    This is absolutely NOT "Latest Video News". As someone who joined over 4 years ago and posted over 200 times, you should know better. I'll ask a moderator to move this.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    this sounds like a server & bandwdth problem for the website

better move it from a free host to something 'paid for' that has more bandwidth
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    no its paid for, i have tried other ways of testing it. yep run a speed test last night and it jumps from 4mbs - 7 mbs.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    It appears to be an issue with the webhost of the site. There isn't anything you can do on your side to fix it. Have you contacted them for assistance? Sounds like a typical speed reduction after your bandwidth limit has been reached.
    Google is your Friend
    Quote Quote