VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
    Search Comp PM
    Im trying to create what I will call cue points or chapters, throughout an mp3 audio file. So that when I use the seek feature or fast forward feature on my dvd/cd player (particularly in the car) to advance my music a few minutes WITHOUT skipping to the next track. The music files I am refering to are recorded using Virtual dj and are a continuous mix of different songs and could be a total play duration of 1:30 minutes. So if I wanted to go from the beginning to say 30 minutes into the mix I wouldnt have to hold fast forward for so long? I have asked questions on the Virtual dj site but cant seem to be understood. Maybe a particular audio editor would do the trick? Creating a cue point for every 5 minutes would be satisfactory to me.
    Seek, And You Shall Find.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    I've never heard of "chapters" for MP3 files. Do you have any documentation of any player that supports such a thing?
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    sorry for the confusion, I actually mean cue points, that work like chapters in video) These points would allow me to be able to advance my cd up every cue point so that would not have to hole fastforward when seeking a particular point in a mix. my mixes could have a playing duration of 1.5 hours.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    A CUE sheet is just a text file containing the start point of the tracks. EAC can create one during the ripping process, however yours aren't ripped. I can see a lot of cue readers and file splitters that will use cue files to split large mp3s, but not much on stand alone CUE sheet creators.

This gives you the structure for a .cue file : http://www.jakeludington.com/ask_jake/20060827_how_to_make_a_cue_file_or_cue_sheet.html
    Read my blog here.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by guns1inger
    A CUE sheet is just a text file containing the start point of the tracks.
    Yes, but will a player use these?
    I guess you could just make one and see what happens.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Thanks Guns1inger and AlanHK. I seem to be having a hard time with this. Thanks for the link Guns

Edit>

I believe I may have found it right inside of Virtual dj. I have to record my mix as a bin/cue file, then while recording make a cut where I would like the cut made so it will enable me to do what I want in my cd player. Then Burn it in say nero as an image. Funny thing is Im all out of cd's at the time LOL. So I'll pic some up tomorrow. This should be the same concept as making the cue sheet, and structuring it, correct Guns?, relating to the link you gave me.

EDIT>

I thinks its a go, I took took the Cue file and mounted it with Magic Iso and played the file inside of Windows Media Player, and it shows the different tracks I made with the cut button, but all of them play as one file. The individual track jump in sync to the next track. So if burned to cd It looks and sounds like all will do as I wanted. (from the googling I did the files have to be in wav format for me to be able to use the cue points by my cd/dvd player) Mission accomplished !

Thanks for all the help Guys, Im always thankful and appreciative of the talent here on Videohelp.com Besides Google, Videohelp is also my friend
    Quote Quote