VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hi all
    I need to change avi aspect ratio from 1.1 or square pixel to 4.3?
    Any tool that can do that efficiently and quickly? thank you
    Quote Quote  
  2. The AVI container doesn't really support aspect ratios. Some codecs maintain internal AR settings. Like Divx/Xvid. If you're video is one of those you can use MPEG4Modifier. Even then, not all players will respect the AR setting.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Thanks for your reply but MPEG4Modifier does not do anything for these bunch of files aspect ratio still the same.
    Quote Quote  
  4. What video codec do your files use? And what is your goal? If you're making DVDs you can just tell the MPEG encoder what the correct AR is.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by jagabo
    What video codec do your files use? And what is your goal? If you're making DVDs you can just tell the MPEG encoder what the correct AR is.
    I have divx bundle installed and the avi have been enconded with DivX 4 (OpenDivX) File Length Correct
    AVI v1.0
    Interleave: 1 vid frame (40 ms)
    Audio frames: Aligned on interleaves
    Video: 302 MB (89.50%)
    Audio: 32.1 MB (9.54%)
    AVI Overhead: 3.22 MB (0.96%)
    720 x 576
    par 1.000 (1:1)
    All I want is to change their aspect ratio to 4.3 not to reencode to other format i just takes too long
    Quote Quote  
  6. I don't think I've ever tried MPEG4Modifier with an OpenDivx file. If that program doesn't add the PAR/DAR flags I don't think anything will. Did the program open the file? Were you able to set the PAR/DAR values? Did it save the file? Did the new file not play with the right AR. Maybe your player isn't resizing correctly? Many don't pay attention to MPEG4 PAR/DAR settings. Try a different player.
    Quote Quote  
  7. Member
    Search Comp PM
    you can use WIN AVI CONVERTER. it's is a shareware.it will convert or
    change aspect ratio very fast... 2 hours movie it will convert within 30 mints time with required aspect ratio.
    Quote Quote