VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    have been trying to convert this file for over an hour, read through a bunch of posts on here and elsewhere and have been unable to resolve...here is the message I get even though it is "successful" converting from flv to any file supported by quicktime
    help would be appreciated!

FFmpeg version CVS, Copyright (c) 2000-2004 Fabrice Bellard
    Mac OSX universal build for ffmpegX
    Tue Feb 12 22:40:34 CST 2008
    libavutil version: 49.0.0
    libavcodec version: 51.9.0
    libavformat version: 50.4.0
    [flv @ 0x5597b8]Unsupported video codec (4)
    Seems that stream 0 comes from film source: 1000.00 (1000/1) -> 29.97 (30000/1001)
    Input #0, flv, from '/Users/Alan/Movies/RealPlayer Downloads/Jon Lajoie -2 Girls 1 Cup Song copy.flv':
    Duration: 00:03:10.0, bitrate: N/A
    Stream #0.0, 29.97 fps(r): Video: 0x0004
    Stream #0.1: Audio: mp3, 44100 Hz, stereo
    Incorrect frame rate
    Quote Quote  
  2. Nevermind. I shouldn't be so cruel. I'm not a great speller either.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Hehe, that was the first thing I noticed as well, and although I thought of a few sarcastic responses I didn't really intend to write any of them. What I'd like to know is why alanswartz felt the need to post that entire log when almost all of it is the same line repeated several hundred times.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Mod Neophyte Super Moderator redwudz's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    alanswartz, in the future please use a more descriptive subject title in your posts to allow others to search for similar topics. I will change yours this time. From our rules:
    Try to choose a subject that describes your topic.
    Please do not use topic subjects like Help me!!! or Problems.
    Thanks,
    Moderator redwudz

BTW, you would make the other readers of your thread a lot happier if you deleted all but a couple of lines of the error part of your post. Just use the 'Edit' icon at the top of your first post to change it.

And since you are apparently on a Mac system and apparently asking about ffmpegX, you might get more answers in our ffmpegX Forum. Moving you.

And Welcome to our forums.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by alanswartz
    Input #0, flv, from 'foo.flv':
    FLV can come with a small variety of video codecs. Video: 0x0004 is VP6 (fourcc:vp6f), which is not supported by the version of ffmpeg in ffmpegX. (The codec was added to ffmpeg in Sept 2006, but then pulled again for legal reasons.)

BTW, YouTube has a H.263/Mp3 version of (what I think is) the same clip, which would convert easier. *
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by Case
    Originally Posted by alanswartz
    Input #0, flv, from 'foo.flv':
    FLV can come with a small variety of video codecs. Video: 0x0004 is VP6 (fourcc:vp6f), which is not supported by the version of ffmpeg in ffmpegX. (The codec was added to ffmpeg in Sept 2006, but then pulled again for legal reasons.)

BTW, YouTube has a H.263/Mp3 version of (what I think is) the same clip, which would convert easier. *
    thanks case, the youtube version converted just fine, sorry for my naievety
    Quote Quote  
  7. Member
    Search Comp PM
    alanswartz: simply install Perian and such videos become supported by QT. I've had the same problem.
    Quote Quote