VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    hola, i've run into a bit of a problem.

I have a video which when i play on my TV using my DVD player, the picture is noticably too big for the TV. However, when i play it on my computer in it resizes itself and fits inside the player(windows media player).
    I'm trying to resize the imgae so that it would be viewable on my TV but have hit a wall.

I've been trying to follow some of the tutorials but kept hitting some bumps. The video is already in MPEG2 codec, but the files are in DVD(vob) format. I figured out that I need VirtualDub-MPEG2 to resize the image, but whenever I open the .vob files i get an error because the audio cannot be decompressed.

I'm confused on what my next step should be. I have tried resizing the file according to Baldrick's tutorial( https://forum.videohelp.com/topic244151.html ), but i run into the audio problem. not to mention, i believe the video is already encoded.

I have a Video_TS folder with files that are in MPEG2 codec:

I have also downloaded GSpot but are unsure if and how i would need to use it.

What I'm thinking that I would have to do is Seperate the audio from the video, then resize, and put it all back togeather. If some one could hlep me out and point me in the right direction I would greatly appreciate it.

-B
    Quote Quote  
  2. You need an AC3 ACM decoder to open VOB files in VirtualDubMPEG2.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    It is not too big for your television. Your TV (all TVs, to some degree) have an overscan area that covers the outer edges of the image. All TV broadcasts and most movies have some image area hidden. Your media player has no overscan.

There is no fix for this other than to resize, add borders and re-encode, and you gain very little. If you must do it, search the forums for Overscan and you will find dozens of posts on how to do it.
    Read my blog here.
    Quote Quote