VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I've got a DVD which had wrong subtitles. I created correct subtitles in Subtitle Workshop and converted them to .sup format and added them to the DVD as described on this guide. (When remuxing, I only selected the new subtitle, and didn't include the old one).

My problem is, subtitle's background is not transparent. I tried both IfoEdit and ReJig, but with both of them, subtitles (which are white text with black borders) have a white background. How can I fix that?
    Quote Quote  
  2. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    You can try dvdsubedit to edit the colors.

Or try this method https://forum.videohelp.com/topic338721.html to add subtitles.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I convert the subtitles from .srt to .sup using SubtitleCreator. It shows the background and the text correctly (green background, white text).

I tried DVDSubEdit on the final output. It shows that the text is in white, the "b" color (for background) is in green, but to my surprise, there is a "white" box behind the subtitle (that is, "p" is used both inside the text and outside the text, and "b" is not used at all!)

How can I fix this?
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Never mind! I fixed it

I think the IFO file of the original DVD was corrupt. I needed to reference to it when using SubtitleCreator, and it didn't tell me the IFO is bugous. Then I downloaded Txt2Sup and it told me the IFO is bugous. It also instructed me about how to fix its bugs with IfoEdit. Now the DVD is fine
    Quote Quote