VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Hello, I am new to this forum and also a new owner of Premiere Pro (CS3-windows Vista 32bits)

My problem? After importing my HDV films with PPro, video and audio have huge gaps up to 3 minutes in any of the windows of PPro!!! The imported sequence are OK in any video "reader" as VLC, and even in Vegas 8... but not in PPro.
    Even on another computer with windows XP (I use Vista), the problem is the same: PPro unable to work correctly and files correct in any other software...
    Could it be a bug of PPro with timelines "breaks"? Opened in Windows Movie Maker and Vegas 8, audio and video match perfectly for these same sequences (sorry for the english, I am french)
    It seems that premiere is SWALOWING PARTS OF THE AUDIO!!!

I am a bit horrified as I bought Premiere, confident on the quality of Adobe softwares and in the impossibility of testing with the testing version as HDV is deactivated in it!!!!!

NOTE: I had my hard drive formated just before installing Premiere pro... !!

Please, could you make me more confident, I am so afraid!
    Thank you.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    try transferring the tape to the computer with HDVSplit and then importing the files into PP.
    --
    "a lot of people are better dead" - prisoner KSC2-303
    Quote Quote  
  3. Thanks a lot, I'll try it and give you the result... see you in about one hour.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Well, aedipuss, I think you are going to like this... I am going to build a temple worshiping the Great Aedipuss, HERE IN NICE, FRANCE...
    It is WORKING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

THANK YOU!
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Give us a head's up, on how well the editing process works.....

There's huge debates circling around, whether HDV native editing is much more cumbersome, rather than using a third party codec like Cineform AspectHD.....

Let us know how your machine handles editing HDV....
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by Digipat
    Well, aedipuss, I think you are going to like this... I am going to build a temple worshiping the Great Aedipuss, HERE IN NICE, FRANCE...
    It is WORKING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

THANK YOU!

Doc Mercury would think the placement of a temple to aedipuss in France quite apropos.

and you're welcome.
    --
    "a lot of people are better dead" - prisoner KSC2-303
    Quote Quote  
  7. Originally Posted by pijetro

There's huge debates circling around, whether HDV native editing is much more cumbersome, rather than using a third party codec like Cineform AspectHD.....

Well nothing bad to mention. It works fine. The good thing I have better than with Premiere import is that I have separated clips (if Premiere could work). Much better to manage.
    The process is easy. Sometimes, when reviewing, there are some jumps/freezes in the video. But each file is rather small and the project too, for the moment.
    What kind of problem may I encounter with "native HDV"?
    You mean that, with Cineform AspectHD, it would be possible to import my tapes with no problem?
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by pijetro

What is the debate?

Native HDV editing is possible but requires decoding lags when scrubbing the timeline or other MPeg2 issues.

Cineform has advantage for tight fast editing, scrubbing and resize.

It all depends on what you want to do and what price you put on your labor.

I wish I could afford AspectHD or could get a demo to test it fully.
    Recommends: Kiva.org - Loans that change lives.
    http://www.kiva.org/about
    Quote Quote  
  9. Member
    Search Comp PM
    EdDV wrote:
    What is the debate?
    Perhaps i worded it too strongly.
    The debate is whether the newer and faster machines even need a third party codec nowadays. The early days of native HDV editing seemed almost impractical..
    Adobe has an HDV project preset, but nobody seriously ever used it natively..The issues always came up at cuts. Somehow, newly created frames would need reindexing, and no matter what you did, a rerender was required..
    Never mind working with compressed audio, or multiple video tracks...

If people like Digipat are having success stories with this, then it would make me want to wade my toes into frozen Lake Ontario...
    But i'm a bit pessimistic at this point.

I wish I could afford AspectHD or could get a demo to test it fully.
    I believe there's a 30day free trial period. Check it out.
    I know a fella selling it for $300, including transferrable license.

But word to the wise..
    For people who monitor via HD-SDI, AspectHD doesn't have an export module. A definate problem for more serious colour correction and external monitoring....

Otherwise, you'd require ProspectHD, and an AJA Xena card for giggles...But by that time, you're getting sucked into a money quicksand.
    We're starting to talk broadcast prices...
    Oh yeah.........And you'll notice some of the Premiere Pro Project Presets...They've alredy got the AJA Xena SDI cards ready to roll.. 8) 8)
    Quote Quote