VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Anyone have any idea's on how to fix it or alternatives to working around not using it?

Each time I try to run an app that relies on mp4box, mp4box crashes and thus the app becomes useless.

my video files consist of h264/mkv files with soft subs and avi files with external subs.

I try and use vdubmod for my mkv files as explained in a few guides but each time after analyzing the mkv file it tells me it does not recognize the codec being used.

I try to use these all in one suites (xvid4psp, red kawa's ps3 deal, ripbot264, MeGui) and either... the audio becomes distored (ripbot), the suite does not easly support subtiltes (red kawa) too difficult to understand (MeGui), or takes up to 9 hours to re-encode a 57minute show (xvid4psp)

if I can get mp4box im sure I will be in heaven after reading how easy it makes some of the mkv to mp4 related things go.

never knew trying to stream video's for my ps3 would be so difficult
    Seedin and encoding... Healthy pc life :)
    Quote Quote  
  2. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Maybe make vob files intead of mp4 using mkv2vob(it makes vob files specially for the ps3).

I have read that the mp4box doesn't work that well in Windows Vista...but you seem to run Windows XP.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    What version of mp4box are you running?
    Already tried the mod made by Nic?
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I am using the latest version that came packaged with yamb, and each app seems to include it with their install. (can you please link me to the mod version made by nic? i am interested)

I will try out vob file tomorrow and will research it as well (thanks to many guide made by others)

Yup win xp.

I got it to work once with gotsent(sp?), then after that it crashed. Just seems like a hassle when you have a mkv file and you know of this simple process that can same you lots of time.

I see in red kawa has a mkv remux/pass thru profile, tried to get it to run but seems to be a dead end (until i check with their forum later on).

if anyone has red kawa's ps3 video converter and has used the mkv remux/pass thru successfully please let me know, a friend pointed it out to me today and it brought new hope to my eyes. (just need to learn how to make avisynth work with it to do subs)
    Seedin and encoding... Healthy pc life :)
    Quote Quote  
  5. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    Quote Quote  
  6. HDConvertToX, AutoMen, AutoMKV Developer
    Quote Quote