VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    could you please move this to the right forum please. thank you.

I have windows media player 11
    real player 11
    nero startsmart

i have downloaded mp3's countless times using nero start smart but now i need to re arrange the files to suit the order i want them in, instead of the alphabetical order that it does.

how do i do this?? i dont know how to use the BURN tab in the latest windows media player and real player.

is there a software that will help me to download about 50 mp3 files into the order i want them in. or do i have to rename all of them into the alphabetical way??
    Quote Quote  
  2. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Why do the songs on the data disc I burned play in a different order than the list I created?

If you burn a data disc and play it on another computer or play it in a portable, home, or car CD player, the songs might not play in the order in which they appeared in your burn list. The playback order of data discs is determined by the device or other program that you are using to play the disc. In most cases, the songs will play back in alphanumeric order by file name.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    The order of the files on the disc shouldn't matter as you can just create a play list in WMP to play them in the order that you want.

If you are playing them on another external device, then you will need to rename or number them to keep them in order.
    Google is your Friend
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Kispy Kritter says:
    "create a play list in WMP to play them in the order that you want. "

How do I arrange songs to play in the order that they are listed in a play list?
    I can move them up and down, but they skip around when playing.

SORT doesn't help.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Items in a play list, should play in the order that they are listed. I've never tried playing back files in a playlist from cd/dvd, but I would expect WMP (or any other player) to follow the order of the playlist that you create.
    Google is your Friend
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Decide what order you want the tunes to play in on the disc before burning. Rename the files by adding 01, 02, 03, etc. at the beginning of each song. When you burn, that'll be your play order.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Get WinAmp and the 'Play List Unpacker' plug-in. It copies the files from the playlist and will automatically add 'PL001, PL002, ... PLXXX' to the names to keep them sorted.
    Quote Quote