VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    If I download a DivX file that was coverted in PAL, and run it through ConvertXtoDVD with output set to NTSC will the file be converted to NTSC?
    My standalone player player plays both so I can't check if the output is still PAL or NTSC.
    Thanks
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by didikai
    My standalone player player plays both so I can't check if the output is still PAL or NTSC.
    GSpot will tell you.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by AlanHK
    Originally Posted by didikai
    GSpot will tell you.
    O.K. Gspot says they are NTSC.
    But with all I read about problems converting PAL to NTSC this seems too easy.
    Am I missing something?
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Converting is easy. Doing it well is difficult. Most cheap converters simply duplicate or drop frames, giving you jerky pans and zooms. They also can often distort the resizing and introduce other issues. Also, most of the posts here regarding PAL/NTSC or NTSC/PAL conversions are looking for all-in-one solutions to convert whole DVD structures, menus and all.

Personally, if I were going to do PAL to NTSC conversion (and thankfully I don't have to - all my kit plays both in their native formats) then I would use FAVC. It takes longer, but uses a better method for conversion (the Pulldown method) and has a better encoding engine.
    Read my blog here.
    Quote Quote