VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hello...

I need to figure out how to put some low-resolution videos onto a DVD. I am using Adobe Encore CS3 to make the layout. My problem is that when I click on the menu button to play the video, the video gets stretched and pixelated onto the entire screen. These are low res videos (320 x 240), so I just need them to play in a smaller box on the screen, and I will have a background image covering the rest of the screen.

I have an image on Photobucket to show my layout so you have something visual to look at to better understand me.
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v245/zynn3d/LayoutFlow.jpg

There are a total of 6 of these 320 x 240 videos. The audio needs to be the best as possible. I wouldn't mind trying to do this onto SVCDs instead of a DVDs since all of this won't take up much space. It just needs to be able to play on various DVD players.

With After Effects, I've tried re-rendering the videos playing in a box on a screen with a background image, but even with no compression being used, the sound quality gets degraded. I don't see this as efficient because while the video is playing in a small box, the whole screen (720 x480) is being rendered as a new video.

Again, I don't mind doing this on SVCD if I can still retain the quality and compatibility with DVD players. I just don't see an option to make SVCDs with Encore, however.

Any ideas?
    Quote Quote  
  2. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    You must reconvert with a background like you do with after affects if you want to play them in a smaller box on the screen. The SVCD or DVD standard doesn't support a still background with the video in a smaller box(you might have seen such menus but it's always just one big video clip).

But you don't have to reconvert the sound, you could use the sound from the original clips in encore.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    To further what Baldrick is saying, think of the background as a motion background with no motion going on. When you make a still background on a DVD, it may look motionless, but the frames are still clicking by nonetheless.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    You can do exactly what you are showing using DVD lab Pro.
    There is a trail version.
    Quote Quote