VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I am looking to buy a DVR, and the Philips DVDR3575H looks like a good unit. I want to use it to record some TV shows and sporting events. I read that there are some TV programs with copyright protection that can not be recorded with the Philips DVR, (or any other stand alone DVR). It may not matter to me if the programs I wish to occasionally record are not copyrighted. Does anyone know which programs are copyright protected? If you use the output of a satellite receiver, will it still block the recording of a copyrighted program? Thanks to anyone who has any information on this topic.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Personally, I haven't had any problems recording anything. But I've heard HBO, SHO, PPV, etc. can have "protection."
    Quote Quote  
  3. telephone your provider, explain what you want to do. This information is not in the secret domain. (or why bother to post on here, being trying the obvious thing first )
    Corned beef is now made to a higher standard than at any time in history.
    The electronic components of the power part adopted a lot of Rubycons.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Possibly irrelevant, since I'm in the UK, but so far the only things I've found that I can't record have been the Pay Per View items and the On Demand stuff.

I've heard that the movie channels (Sky Movies etc) are also protected but since I can't get them I don't know for certain.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I have Directv (SD) and 2 x series 2 directivo boxes. I can record anything with no problems. I understand that under Digital TV provides for a broadcast flag that may cause a DVR to automatically "delete" a recorded program after X days. I don't know if that flag is going to be implemented or not.

I don't see any issues with recording programs from the output of a satellite receiver.
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    Another first timer - one post only question about copy protection?
    Quote Quote