VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
    Search Comp PM
    Is there a program that will convert pictures into high definition or in different sizes like 720p or 1080p/i.
    Thanks for the help.
    My PC Is Custom Built... Look At Computer Details Above...
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Yes, er, no, er ?

You question is incomplete and doesn't make sense.

Any graphics package can resize a still image to whatever resolution you need. From payware like photoshop or paintshop pro or corel, to freeware like paint.net, irfanview or gimp. All are capable, and all can do a simple resize.

However 720p and 1080p/i are video formats, so are you asking for video instead ? In which case you are looking at either a decent editor or a slideshow program with HD output.

Think about what it is you actually want, then reframe your question to include your desired outcome.

And if you intend to start working with HD video, you should serious consider adding a lot of hard drive space to your system. Seems pointless to me to build a Core2Duo system like that, then knobble it with a single small HDD.
    Read my blog here.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Thanks, sorry for the misunderstanding, i wanted to make/covert/resize pictures to look like a 720p/1080p or in other words, High Definition, not talking about video, as for the hdd, don't read any of my info because i have to update it, i now have two 150gb sata drives, so HD video won't be a problem.Again thanks for any help...
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Sorry - you still don't make sense. If they are stills from a digital still camera with 4 mega-pixels or higher then you have better than HD resolution. If you want to reduce the resolution then again, any graphics package can do it. You find you have to crop to get an exact fit without distortion.
    Read my blog here.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Maybe you're looking to crop the images so they have a "widescreen" format? Any image editing package can do that.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    If you want your stills to be 1080p resolution, resize so that they are 1920 wide, then crop to make 1080 pixels high. For 720p, resize to 1280 across and 720 high. There is no real equivalent for 1080i when it comes to stills. A still image is, by it's nature, progressive.

I don't know if this answers your question or not, as I am still unsure what it is you are trying to achieve.
    Read my blog here.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    That was exactly what i was looking for, the only thing now, what program is best for the job?Thanks
    Quote Quote  
  8. Just about every image editing program has resizing and cropping functions.

http://graphicssoft.about.com/cs/imageediting/tp/
    Quote Quote