VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I installed AVSEdit to my other computer because it's faster for conversion, but I seem to be having a problem. When I wrote my script, and then hit Preview, I'm getting this message: "Script error: there is no function called "Blockbuster". I thought the program came with the filters? I thought I'd downloaded it to the Filters folder, but it's still not working. Same thing for ASharp. What did I miss? I think I uninstalled and re-installed it with the same result.

Thanks.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Does someone need more info?
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    There is a lot 'I thought' in that post. The question is

a) Did you ?
    b) Have you confirmed that they are there ?
    c) Have you used explicit paths to make sure the filters are loaded ?
    Read my blog here.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I looked in the filters folders, and they appear to be there. This is the line I had:

BlockBuster(method="noise", block_size=8, detail_min=1, detail_max=27)

That is line 3.

There is an XML in the filters folder that says "BlockBuster", as well as "Asharp" (the other one it doesn't seem to recognize). I suspect no matter which one I put in, I'd get the same result.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    This is what you did: Copied the blockbuster.dll to the AVSEdit/filters sub-folder
    This is what you should have done: Copy the blockbuster.dll to the AviSynth/plugins sub-folder

Move the filter to the right place and you'll be on your way.
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I thought I'd done that, but I'll double check and get back to you.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Failing that, put a

LoadPlugin("pathtoplugin/pluginname.dll")

at the top of your script for each plugin you are using before you call the plugins
    Read my blog here.
    Quote Quote  
  8. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Okay. I moved the BlockBuster.dll to the AviSynth plugins folder. Still didn't work. I triedl laoding the .dll at the top of the script like so:

LoadPlugin("C:\Program Files\AviSynth 2.5\plugins\Blockbuster.dll")
    AVISource("C:\Documents and Settings\Bob\Vid Projects\Anime\Pom Poko\Pom Poko Part 2.avi")
    BlockBuster(method="noise", block_size=8, detail_min=1, detail_max=27)
    aSharp(2,2,-1,false)
    #Trim(0,86467).FadeOut(150)
    ConvertToRGB24() # For TMPGEnc or VFAPI

I tried it with quotes and without. With quotes, I get a message about a script error on line 1 saying the the Blockbuster dll is not avisynth 2.5 dll?
    Quote Quote  
  9. Member
    Search Comp PM
    buddycat wrote:
    the Blockbuster dll is not avisynth 2.5 dll?
    blockbuster.dll is not avisynth.dll?? I'm not sure what that means.
    Can you give the EXACT quote of the error message?
    I assume you have the latest version of each software (not that there have been any recent updates to AviSynth 2.5 or blockbuster filter).
    Just for testing, try loading your script in oher tools like Virtualdub or HCEnc etc.
    Quote Quote  
  10. Member
    Search Comp PM
    There is an old version of Blockbuster floating around that is not 2.5 compatible. Discussion here:
    http://forum.doom9.org/showthread.php?s=&threadid=44927

Newer version is here:
    http://avisynth.org/warpenterprises/

It's possible it may need to be loaded like this:

Load_Stdcall_plugin("...\blockbuster.dll") or LoadCplugin("...\blockbuster.dll")

I don't know, I've never used it.
    Quote Quote  
  11. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Bingo, Squash. I downloaded an old version of this filter and indeed there was an error message about compatibility with AviSynth 2.5.
    Buddycat, just get a newer version from the aforementioned site and give it a go.
    Quote Quote  
  12. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I do have one that's marked as 2.5. I"ll have a go at it and let you know shortly. I discovered there two different ones on my old computer.
    Quote Quote  
  13. Member
    Search Comp PM
    The one marked 2.5 may also be an old version incompatible with AviSynth 2.5.
    If it still doesn't work than use the link which Squash suggested, It's got the version that works.
    Quote Quote  
  14. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I guess I don't understand why it worked on my old computer, unless it's because it's Win98. Here is the error I'm getting"

Quote Quote  
  15. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I did a little more looking around - is it possible that the filter somehow down't work with XP? I saw somewhere taht maybe the filter wasn't compiled for 2.5. Maybe I need to check ansd see if my old computer actually has an older version than 2.5?
    Quote Quote  
  16. Member
    Search Comp PM
    It sure works for me on a Win XP PC.
    This error message indicates that AVSEdit does not find the filter where it expects it to be.

did you download a new file from http://avisynth.org/warpenterprises/files/blockbuster_25_dll_20030204.zip
    and did you put the dll file in the C:/Program files/AviSynth 2.5/Plugins folder?

A previous post by you shows that you have passed this issue and had an incompatibility problem, Now it looks like you're sliding backwards to the original problem. I don't get it.
    Quote Quote  
  17. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Apparently, that was it! The previous 2.5 .dll did not work for some reason. Maybe I didn't actually have it in my registry or something. Now, I think I need to do the same thing for Asharp. Thanks, as always, guys - you're an invaluable resource!
    Quote Quote