VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I tried to make a backup of DVD to DVD for a music DVD I just bought and keep getting the error message below. I have AnyDVD loaded and using DVDDecrypter. Please review and advise on what I am doing wrong. Thanks.

ScsiStatus: 0x02
    Interpretation: Check Condition

CDB: 28 00 00 3D 8C D0 00 00 01 00
    Interpretation: Read (10) - Sector: 4033744

Sense Area: F0 00 03 00 3D 8C D0 0E 00 00 00 00 11 05 00 00 00 00 76 0B 00 00
    Interpretation: L-EC Uncorrectable Error
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Ummmmm.....Do you read the stickys in this forum?

DVD DECRYPTER is NO LONGER UPDATED. You have to use DVDFAB HD DECRYPTER to rip to your hard drive.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Thanks, I guess I'm behind time. Haven't ripped in awhile and I didn't know. Thanks.
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    Originally Posted by budz

DVD DECRYPTER is NO LONGER UPDATED. You have to use DVDFAB HD DECRYPTER to rip to your hard drive.
    He has/had AnyDVD loaded.
    Originally Posted by walker08
    I have AnyDVD loaded
    I'd make sure the disc was clean and free of major scratches.
    Quote Quote  
  5. If you haven't ripped in a while you'll probably want to make sure you keep your version of AnyDVD up to date.

-drjtech
    They that give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty or safety.
    --Benjamin Franklin
    Quote Quote  
  6. I had exactly the same problem of L-EC error on 2 different copies of the same DVD. It seems that bad sectors are intentionally added to file VTS_01_1.VOB. In DVD Decrypter, in the menu: tools/settings, I checked Ignore Read Errors, set retries to 0. Then I got a perfect copy.

I've upgraded to DVDFab, as suggested, but thought someone could use this tip.
    Quote Quote  
  7. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by jdwroten
    Not really.
    1) We're not real happy with people who dig up old threads and add to them unless what the add is something along the lines of an answer to an unanswered question. Of course when you only post 2 times in over 1.5 years of being a member here, I guess it's pretty safe to assume that you haven't exactly been keeping up with how the forums are run around here.
    2) Those of us who are more experienced have long since known this and honestly , your post isn't going to make any difference because we'll still have newbies ask why DVD Decrypter doesn't work for them in the future.
    Quote Quote  
  8. Originally Posted by jman98
    Originally Posted by jdwroten
    Not really.
    You shouldn't assume to speak for all members. Not everyone has the time to spend hours a day to keep up with every update, or with every new detail programs have to offer. To do a search through the forums for specific answers is certainly recommended, but there is nothing wrong with mentioning occasional tips for those who may have missed them previously. These forums aren't meant to be religions where you are eternally condemned when slightly slipping the path of righteousness.
    Quote Quote  
    drifting, somewhere on the Sea of Cynicism
    Search Comp PM

budz,

At the risk of sounding like a stuck LP, I'm going to have to disagree with you a bit here. In my regular usage of it, I'm still pretty much looking for examples that truly flummox RI4M, which is DVDD bolstered by the Protected Sectors List tricks of that great script by the "Mad Monk" -- a major reason why RI4M was hounded out of existence. The closest I've come are a couple of titles that were backed up in a slightly off-kilter state (navigation stuff, mainly) but which were still quite playable, although I had to get a tad creative with the player remote. (And, for the record, I've seen then-current Fab Decrypter slip up a few times, in similar fashion.)

Partial disclaimer: I deal with a lot of titles that are two years old or more, which would not have the latest and greatest in ARCOS-type tomfoolery on them. So much of the time, when I see one of the "Can't Back This Up" posts here, the title turns out to be very recent, very high profile CRAP. Michael Bay movies, and the like. If they didn't buy (or borrow it), they could help avoid brain-rot, and never have this problem.
    When in Las Vegas, don't miss the Pinball Hall of Fame Museum http://www.pinballmuseum.org/ -- with over 150 tables from 6+ decades of this quintessentially American art form.
    Quote Quote  
  10. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    Ummm....
    You do realize that the post by Budz you are talking about, is over a YEAR OLD!!!

Originally Posted by Seeker47

budz,

At the risk of sounding like a stuck LP, I'm going to have to disagree with you a bit here. In my regular usage of it, I'm still pretty much looking for examples that truly flummox RI4M, which is DVDD bolstered by the Protected Sectors List tricks of that great script by the "Mad Monk" -- a major reason why RI4M was hounded out of existence. The closest I've come are a couple of titles that were backed up in a slightly off-kilter state (navigation stuff, mainly) but which were still quite playable, although I had to get a tad creative with the player remote. (And, for the record, I've seen then-current Fab Decrypter slip up a few times, in similar fashion.)

Partial disclaimer: I deal with a lot of titles that are two years old or more, which would not have the latest and greatest in ARCOS-type tomfoolery on them. So much of the time, when I see one of the "Can't Back This Up" posts here, the title turns out to be very recent, very high profile CRAP. Michael Bay movies, and the like. If they didn't buy (or borrow it), they could help avoid brain-rot, and never have this problem.
    Quote Quote  
    drifting, somewhere on the Sea of Cynicism
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by Noahtuck
    Ummm....
    You do realize that the post by Budz you are talking about, is over a YEAR OLD!!!
    Whoops . . . missed that. But, you know what ? This is one of those questions that does keep coming up periodically, and my post is still every bit as valid as it would have been a year ago. People keep trying to shovel dirt onto DVDD, but I say it's still a good program, still very much alive, and in the guise of RI4M it remains the first rip tool I reach for. Hasn't really let me down yet.
    When in Las Vegas, don't miss the Pinball Hall of Fame Museum http://www.pinballmuseum.org/ -- with over 150 tables from 6+ decades of this quintessentially American art form.
    Quote Quote  
  12. Originally Posted by Seeker47
    People keep trying to shovel dirt onto DVDD, but I say it's still a good program, still very much alive, and in the guise of RI4M it remains the first rip tool I reach for. Hasn't really let me down yet.
    I gave up on ripit4me.
    I use DVD Fab and VTSfix all the time now.
    I remember when Fab came out...Damn thing was brutel, it's better now, but I got used to running everything through VTSFix, I just do it by habit now.

If I wasn't a cheapskate, I would have bought anydvd a long time ago
    tgpo famous MAC commercial, You be the judge?
    Originally Posted by jagabo
    I use the FixEverythingThat'sWrongWithThisVideo() filter. Works perfectly every time.
    Quote Quote