VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I have a Gateway GM5420 running Vista Home Premium that came with a
    Vixs Pure TV-U 4899 (NTSC/ATSC Combo). I was wondering if anyone knows anything about this card and if it is possible to transfer VHS tapes to the PC using this card and a standard VCR? Media Center will only let me capture digital video with this card. Can anyone recommend low cost software or freeware that will allow me to use this card or would I be better off just to bite the bullet and buy a capture card within my budget of about 150 dollars. I do have a older Pinnacle DC10 capture card with Studio 8 but I doubt this will run under Vista. Thanks in advance for any help or recommendations
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Not familiar with this card. Does it have RCA conectors? if you can connect the card to the vcr than you can capture. I use Virtualdub (File / Capture) to capture from cable TV and from VCR..
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    yes it has a s-video as well as cable in and out. Their are RCA jacks on the front of the computer (video and audio) that I believe are linked to the card. Thanks for the sugestion about virtualdub if this is freeware or shareware ill try it and see if it will recognize the card.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Vixs Pure TV is made by Vixs them self which I belive has no stand alone software applications available for it and it is hardware encoder and made for OEM and be used with MCE but you alway try the hardway with GraphEdit or see SageTV work
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    If your VCR is a S-VHS then use the s-video connectors on the PC and VCR. If not just connect RCA cables from the front of the PC to the corresponding OUTPUT connectors on the VCR.
    If you choose VirtualDub then read one of the many guides in this forum for this software.
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Oh man..this sucks. I've got the same card, and every time I try to use it I have no signal, and when I try to use a capture program it tells me that it can not locate the driver, BUT when I try to download the driver...it fails every time. It's really starting to frustrate me, it would be amazing if someone could give me a hand.

Cheers,
    Ryan.

Edit :
    When I try to install the driver I get/
    "The Update did not complete successfully (9994)"
    Quote Quote  
  7. Member
    Search Comp PM
    You need this driver: http://support.gateway.com/support/drivers/search.asp?ref=step&st=browse&platform=1002...954&type=10077
    Is this the one you have been trying to download and install?

You also need to use Windows Media Center which is part of Windows Vista.
    Quote Quote  
  8. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Ok, so I've downloaded my driver for the card, but now that I've downloaded it there seems to be no way to switch to AV...I have on my computer 3 sets of AV jacks. 2 Input, and 1 output. How can I switch to an input channel? There seems to be no way on WMC or anything.
    Quote Quote