VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I wanted to give this new version of Ulead Videostudio a shot. I am at my wits end with version 9 and not being able to figure out what is causing an invalid data error.

I decided to use the 30 day trial for version 11, only to find out I can't set chapters without the damn thing crashing everytime.

I find this "hotfix" that ulead posts and I can't figure out how to make it run. Granted I am not so knowledgeable about the innerworking of computers, but I think I know my way around better than most.

If someone could tell me in laymans terms step by step what I am supposed to do here it would be greatly appreciated. Sorry to sound so pissy, but I have lost a lot of sleep dealing with this, I used to love VideoStudio, but this weekend has not been good.

* Hot Fix is for use ONLY with the Full, Upgrade and TBYB version of Ulead VideoStudio 11 and 11 Plus
    * This Hot Fix can not be uninstalled
    * Please follow these steps to install the Hot Fix:

1. Manually remove the Ulead VideoStudio 11/11Plus files/folder under Program Files or where you installed. ( I don't see this folder, am I deleting the entire Ulead VS 11 folder??
    2. Install this Hot Fix
    3. Install Ulead VideoStudio 11/11Plus (how do I reinstall if I have removed it?)

I installed this on my (G) Drive, different than the C that houses most of my applications. What folder do I need to remove? I do not see a "11/11Plus files/folder under Program Files "

any help would be greatly appreciated
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    or where you installed
    They should be in the install directory, which in your case is on your g drive, according to what you have posted.
    Read my blog here.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    You cannot install hot fixes for trial versions.

They are only for full versions of the software.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    If the bug is bad enough, a hotfix may be released for trial versions. It has happened before. In this case, Ulead say the hotfix is available for the Try Before You Buy version.
    Read my blog here.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    If they have a fix, maybe you could download the trial again. It would make more sense to have a "fixed" trial version available instead of patchihng the trial.
    Even a broken clock is right twice a day.
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I cannot get this hotfix to take, I tried doing what the site says, I can't find the folders I need to delete. I don't know enough about computers to get so deep into things and really I just wanted to get my VideoStudio 9 to work and I can't seem to figure out why I'm getting an invalid data error when I try to use DVD shrink.

Thanks for all the suggestions. I went out and bought a Panasonic DVD recorder to help me convert my tapes.
    imac
    MAC OS X
    2.4 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo
    4GB 667 MHz
    Quote Quote  
  7. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I tried to re-install the program and now I can't even get the bloody program to run at all...I need to learn more about computers
    imac
    MAC OS X
    2.4 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo
    4GB 667 MHz
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    try going to control panel>add remove programs>ulead vs11>change/remove and seeing if there's a repair option...and run it
    Quote Quote  
  9. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I'm having exactly the same problem and this is the second day I've wasted trying to install this software, having enjoyed the previous version. It's driving me nuts. As soon as I get to insert video, where you would normally apply a template it just stops and there are no templates. I have to use control, alt, delete to close.

I'll give it a little longer and then give up and return to my old, limited version. If I crack it, or you do, I'll get back here.
    Quote Quote