VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hi All
    I bought a Samsung R155 DVD Recorder & a blank DVD-R (4.7G - 120min - 8X) yesterday.
    I Recorded some minutes of my TV shows on that blank DVD and it played successfully in my R155. so i have a DVD-R with some recorded scenes on it now. i saw this scenes by R155 successfully...
    but when i put this DVD-R in my laptop DVD Player, it detects as a Blank DVD!!!
    what is the problem?
    thanks for any HELP...
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    You need to finalise it first. So take it back in your DVD recorder then finalise it.Unlike + discs - discs need to be finalised first before they can be played in other players.

Another issue is what format you selected when formating the disc. The first time you insert a blank disc in the Recorder you will be asked to format it. Which format did you choose for this particular disc? There is the VR format and the Video format. VR format is the same as beeing used on DVD-RAM discs and can only be played in computers that have a DVD drive that can read RAM discs. Many computers cannot read those. My old computer could not but my new can read them fine. Use something like Nero Infotool to check which formats your drive can read and write.
    Sincerely Joakim Agren!
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Just to repeat -- finalize it.
    Want my help? Ask here! (not via PM!)
    FAQs: Best Blank DiscsBest TBCsBest VCRs for captureRestore VHS
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search PM
    Hi All
    I bought a Samsung R155 DVD Recorder & a blank DVD-R (4.7G - 120min - 8X) yesterday.
    I Recorded some minutes of my TV shows on that blank DVD and it played successfully in my R155. so i have a DVD-R with some recorded scenes on it now. i saw this scenes by R155 successfully...
    but when i put this DVD-R in my laptop DVD Player, it detects as a Blank DVD!!!
    what is the problem?
    thanks for any HELP...

His problem is, that he has just posted here...
    I don't know if he can find any answer, but at least he looks very happy!!!
    With the proffessional work,jokes, fun,...
    By the way:
    Who told you that "fun is dead"?
    Quote Quote