VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I have a question for the forum, what is the best DVD burner for a laptop? I want a dvd burner that is not high priced and have good output. A burner that will burn on DVD-R and DVD+R.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Get a PIONEER EXTERNAL DVD Burner which is on sale at BEST BUY or get a SAMSUNG EXTERNAL.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    You'll never get unanimity on this. You won't even get agreement on the criteria to choose.

In my opinion LG (with a Renassas chipset - check DVDwriter area of this site) or Samsung.
    Quote Quote  
  4. I just bought a LG GSA-E40L for my laptop on Saturday. So far I'm very pleased with it.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by oldandinthe way
    You'll never get unanimity on this. You won't even get agreement on the criteria to choose.

In my opinion LG (with a Renassas chipset - check DVDwriter area of this site) or Samsung.

MegaSTOR MD16X3DVD98XE is a little bit more expensive, but IMHO it's well worth it.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by cdanddvdpublisher

MegaSTOR MD16X3DVD98XE is a little bit more expensive, but IMHO it's well worth it.
    In my opinion MadDog is among the vendors to avoid. They do not make DVDwriters. They use multiple vendors to supply them with DVDwriters. Quality of the drives they sell varies widely and they may change drives without changing model numbers. Can't comment on their cases. They provide a higher than average chance of not providing firmware updates in a timely manner.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    I'm quite fond of the Sony DRX-830U and 840U (Samsung drives).
    Want my help? Ask here! (not via PM!)
    FAQs: Best Blank DiscsBest TBCsBest VCRs for captureRestore VHS
    Quote Quote