VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hi

I used FAVC105 to convert and author an AVI to DVD, with its subtitles in .srt (I chose to not hard code the sub).

Everything seemed fine. The whole process completed without any error message.

However, when I play the DVD with SMPlayer, the subtitles did not show up. I clicked on the "subtitle" tab and saw there was a sub with a check mark next to it. But nothing showed on the screen, although VideoLan would show the sub when I played the original AVI file.

Would someone please tell me what else I were supposed to do with FAVC105 in the conversion/authoring process?

Thanks
    Quote Quote  
  2. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Try play the DVD with something else and see if you get any subs, like videolan or media player classic. If you are playing from the hdd be sure to load the video_ts folder and not just play the vobs.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I Thank you Baldrick. I did play it from hdd. I don't know what SMPlayer loaded since it opened the video_ts folder, showed the sub with a check mark in its "subtitles" tab, but did not display the sub.

I will try to make a small DVD for testing and play it with videolan because the other DVD was gone.

Cheers
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hi Baldrick:

I finally got the subtitle displayed. But, another problem came up. My original video has 16:9 aspect ratio. FAVC changed the A/R to 4:3 in the DVD conversion/author process.

I think I'd better start another topic in "Newbies General Discussion" since the subtitle display is no longer an issue.

See you there.
    Quote Quote