VideoHelp Forum
Closed Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Why would a dvd that I burned play on my stand-alone player & TV, but won't play on my computer? I burn the DVD, making no changes in the settings of my burning program (Tsunami DVD Author). It finishes burning, the tray pops out, I pop it back in, and nothing. It won't play on VLC, nor on Nero ShowTime, nor on any other player that I have. I browse to that folder, and there is nothing there. However, there actually is something there, because if I put it in my stand-alone player, it plays perfectly on the TV.

A little background - I've noticed (and is by no means scientific) that most of the bad media in a stack seem to occur at the bottom of the stack. Doesn't really make sense, just one of those circumstantial things. I was near the bottom of a stack of blanks when this began happening a while back. I bought a new stack, and things seemed to be working OK, until now. This time is began only a few blanks into the stack; som much for the bottom of the stack theory.

But even so, I can't fathom why it would the media that is the problem. I've always figured that if a blank was bad, it simply wouldn't be burnable. How could the media be bad in such a way that the burning process would consistently produce a disc that is playable on the stand-alone but not on the computer?

If it's not the media, then what? Any ideas, anyone? Need more info? Let me know.

I asked this question before, a few months back, and I did search for the original thread, but I couldn't find it. So I apologize for posting what could be considered a duplicate thread.

I don't want to be buying a new stack of media every time this happens. Especially when I've just started a stack.

Please help.

2. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Click on view your posts on the forum front page to view your posts. Continue in your first topic https://forum.videohelp.com/topic337942.html as you still have same problem as before.