VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hey everyone,

I am using Sony Vegas 8 Movie Studio/DVD Architect Studio to make a DVD. Before I am able to make a DVD in DVD Architect, I discovered that my disk space is too big to burn it on a 4 GB DVD. Is there a way to change the options in order for the video file to fit on the DVD? Or how do I allow all the material I took from one DVD to be able to fit on one DVD?

Thanks for your help.
    DJL
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    use a bitrate calculator to choose the encoder setting to allow it to encode to the correct size.

http://dvd-hq.info/Calculator.html#Calculator
    --
    "a lot of people are better dead" - prisoner KSC2-303
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Do you know by chance where I can put the encoding information in on either Sony Vegas or on DVD Architect?

DJL
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    it would be in vegas when selecting render as/mainconcept mpeg-2/custom/video
    --
    "a lot of people are better dead" - prisoner KSC2-303
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    see if it has a 'fit to disk' option like it's big brother
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I tried the "Fit to Disk" option but the message I received was "Media file is too big and could not fit into single DVD disc. Consider making more media assets available for recompress or removing some media assets."

I'm not sure what this means.

DJL
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by DJL82
    I tried the "Fit to Disk" option but the message I received was "Media file is too big and could not fit into single DVD disc. Consider making more media assets available for recompress or removing some media assets."

I'm not sure what this means.

DJL
    This is where the consumer Vegas Movie Studio differs from pro Vegas versions. A total unnecssary pain IMO.

If I'm remembering correctly, for consumer Vegas you need to make the bitrate/frame size settings in the project preferences menu then use "use project preferences" in the encoder settings during encoding.

Or, it could mean what it says if you are loading highly compressed source files.
    Recommends: Kiva.org - Loans that change lives.
    http://www.kiva.org/about
    Quote Quote  
  8. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I'm attempting the "Vegas 8.0" consumer version as well, and encountered a "project too large for the selected media" error when attempting the BURN step. Perhaps it's just me... but this error doesn't make sense.

The "Vegas Studio" project rendered an AVI of 3.3Gb large (15 mins of Handycam video/audio at 740x480, bitrate defaulted to 1536kbps.) It plays just fine in my PC's AVI viewer.

"Architect" took that and "prepared" (default settings) a DVD image folder (VOBs, etc) of 922Mb for a single movie project.

I was under the impression the VOBs and stuff were a "direct copy" to/from the DVD, yet "Architect" complained as above for a single-layer DVD blank.

What don't I understand here?

[edit] This is a new XP installation, only days old. Did I forget to download something that runs in the background to make this work?
    Matt
    Quote Quote  
  9. Here's a third party program I tend to use a bit when I'm having trouble. Its easy to use and compress' down a pretty good quality picture.

http://www.autogk.me.uk/
    Quote Quote