VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I am trying to replace my hard drive in my Pioneer 450H dvr. Can someone supply me with the GGV1273 or GGV1305 data disc or tell me where to get it other than on Pioneer's website. Any help will be appreciated. Thanks
    Jabe
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    I don't even have a Pioneer
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Have you read through this thread? https://forum.videohelp.com/topic253998-450.html

There is information on several models.
    Google is your Friend
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Yes, I have read that thread several times. I also have read HKan's site on how to replace the hard drive. I just was wanting to know if anyone knew of another place to get the data disc other than from the Pioneer website at 50.00 a disc. My 450H is giving me the E01 error on the hard drive and I want to replace it with a larger one. Thanks for all of your help.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I would also like to know where to obtain the data discs for the Canadian/ US model DVR-450H, and DVR-543H.
    From what I have read on this forum, and pioneerfaq, I think I need the GGV1273, or GGV1305 data disc.

Will either of these data discs work for the DVR-450H and 543H ?

Where can we find them?

Thanks,
    Al.
    Quote Quote  
  6. The GGV-1305 *should* work for the DVR-543, since it is part of the 2006 model lineup that service disc was created for (the 640-543-540). PM me for info on getting the 1305.

Anyone with a 2007-series Pioneer 450/550/650 should send an inquiry using the page provided at pioneerfaq.com. Pioneerfaq should be able to answer whether you can use the earlier GGV-1305 disc on those models. I'm guessing probably not, because the 450-550-650 are the first units to use SATA hard drives instead of the usual IDE. Then again, Hkan says the SATA connections in these units is a "fakeout": it converts the SATA HD signal back to IDE before it even reaches the motherboard. So maybe...
    Quote Quote  
  7. Hello,
    I have a Pioneer DVR-550, the disk is finished, I can not find the ggv1321 , ggv1305. Where can I get this DVD? I look across the net. You can meet me at s_leveille@videotron.ca
    Thank you.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by Stephanel66 View Post
    Hello,
    I have a Pioneer DVR-550, the disk is finished, I can not find the ggv1321 , ggv1305. Where can I get this DVD? I look across the net. You can meet me at s_leveille@videotron.ca
    Thank you.

Start by contacting the Pioneer support.
    *** Now that you have read me, do some other things. ***
    Quote Quote