VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. I have a bunch of karaoke dvd that I'd like to rip onto my HTPC and having each song as individual .VOB file without all the other junks from the DVD.

Not all the DVD were composed of the same style. Some would have each song as chapter, some have them as tracks.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    You can do it with Shrink - painfully slow but doable
    Or you can rip it with DVD decrypter into one big VOB, then cut it into smaller ones using VideoRedo
    Read my blog here.
    Quote Quote  
  3. wow, I have over 200 collection of dvd. This is going to take years. Any faster method? LOL

BTW: Most of them has already been ripped onto my HDD in individual folder.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    I don't know of any way to automate what you want to do. VOB is not a storage format, except inside a DVD structure. Programs like VOB2MPG can split out individual titles as mpg files, but if you tracks are just chapters you will still have to edit them down yourself. Again, VideoRedo or Womble are best suited.
    Read my blog here.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Why can't you open the DVDs in your DVD-ROM, then open DVD Decrypter, set it for IFO Mode, and decrypt by chapter? Almost all music video DVDs are divided by chapters, each chapter being one song.
    Quote Quote  
  6. DVD Decrypter can rip by chapter. That would be what you want to do. As for what's already ripped, You may need to do it the hard way.
    "I think I know exactly what I mean, when I say it's a Shpadoinkle day!"
    Quote Quote  
  7. As for what's already ripped, You may need to do it the hard way.
    If you have the entire DVD already on the hard drive, PGCDemux can separate out the chapters, either already demuxed or in VOB format.
    Quote Quote