VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Dr. DivX is about the only program that can get my divx-avi's into the exact quality I want them, so it's really a shame that I can't use the sub settings. Everytime I hardcode subs using Dr. DivX or just add soft subs when ripping DVDs and playback the file, it creates a rectangular opaque screen that covers up the entire video in the parts where there are subs. When there're no talking, or when I turn off the subs, the video returns to normal.

I'm not sure where I would configure the subtitle settings in Dr. DivX. It just automatically reads them when I load the .VOB files into the input.

Any help would be much appreciated.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    I don't think Dr. Divx has any subtitle settings. I've used it and I've never seen any.

I'm not sure at all what you are doing. Are you trying to hardcode subs or not? Note that Divx.com doesn't have any software yet capable of playing selectable subtitles on Divx (I guess that's what you mean by "soft subs"), so that might be part of the problem. Dr. Divx isn't used much here. I know that there is a forum at Divx.com specifically dedicated to it. Perhaps you would have more luck posting there.

For what it's worth, I don't work with Divx a lot, but when I do, I use Dr. Divx. I've found AutoGK to be too fussy about input files. I've had some files that I just could not get AutoGK to take but Dr. Divx converted them with no problems. I don't do subtitle work in Divx, so I can't help you with that.
    Quote Quote