VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I'm trying to make some clean backups of 24 Season 6 DVDs so I don't have to watch all the warnings and especially the annoying "piracy is theft" movie every time the DVD starts.

I ripped the DVDs without problem to my hard drive with DVD Decrypter and now I'm using DVDReMake to remove the things I don't want there like warnings, "piracy is theft"-movie, spanish and dutch menus.

This is what I'm doing:

1. Hide all blocks under Video Manager where the warnings are.

2. Hide all blocks for Spanish and Dutch menus under Video Title Set 1

3. Hide the buttons in the english menus for Spanish audio and all subtitles except english.

4. Hide all blocks under Video Title Set 5 which is the "piracy is theft"-video.

The first three steps work just fine. But when I do step 4 the DVD becomes unplayable in both PowerDVD and my two stand-alone players (Denon 1940 & Pioneer DV380).
    What is it that goes wrong when I remove that "piracy is theft"-video?
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Try using titlesetblanker to first remove the piracy ad, then run it through dvdremake.
    Quote Quote  
  3. You can also use Vobblanker to remove the video. I agree that those theft video's are annoying.
    Believing yourself to be secure only takes one cracker to dispel your belief.
    Quote Quote