VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hard to place this question but I am looking for a good software for preparing CD/DVD labels and covers. The free-bees that come with editing software are just not robust and I fear that the shareware and free downloads will, at some point, not be supported. Can anyone recommend a good fee-based software for this purpose?

Thanks
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Very few here would recommend labels for DVDs. They tend to throw off the balance and cause play back issues.
    Read my blog here.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    What would you recommend? I know some printers are able to print directly to DVD/CD and since I may be in the market for a new printer that might be a consideration.

Thanks
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Me ? I like sharpies - but I have pretty good hand writing
    Read my blog here.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Mine sucks lol
    Quote Quote  
  6. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    We had some recent discussion about using Taiyo Yuden WaterShield DVD discs. They are said to be excellent to print directly to. The Epson R280 is one such printer that can print to these discs. I don't know how many you can print before you have to buy more ink, nor do I know what the software is like to use for this.
    Quote Quote  
  7. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I noticed some HP printers now have this function and after thinking about the weight of a label, there could be some playback issues so it does make sense. I started using Verbatim and they are great so swtiching balnk media at this point is just not prudent since I invested in a spindle of 100.
    Quote Quote  
  8. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I use Sure Thing four about 5 years now and have no problem with any DVD to play properly. I think it is quite good software for making labels.
    This is a full version, not one sold with package.
    If you want to get dedicated CD/DVD printer, you need to buy special CD/DVD made for printing.
    Quote Quote