VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I just finished editing a home movie with windows movie maker the finished movie looks fine when I play it on my computer. I was going to burn it to DVD with convertxtodvd, but I noticed when I was converting the movie Convertxtodvd showed the fps rate at 14 and sometimes even 13-13 fps. I set encoding at highest quality as well. In the Convertxtodvd preview window the video looked like it was in slow motion. My computer is a Pentium 4- 2.0 GHz with 2 GB of ram. Maybe my hard drive is the problem? It is only 60 GB, but only half filled and recently defragged. My screen saver is turned off as well. I checked the task manager while Convertx was running and it showed 100% CPU usage, with very slight paging file usage(340 mb). I am not sure what to do here. Do I buy a little portable converter (I think Sony has one) and edit on my pc and then edit only on the pc and transfer back to Cam and from there burn on external converter. I am new at this so I am not sure what to do. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks...

Peace
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    you could get it to transcode faster with a second hard drive. one for the input and one for output. also make sure you have the latest version of convertxtodvd.
    --
    "a lot of people are better dead" - prisoner KSC2-303
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    convertxTOdvd has to first convert your file into DVD compliant format. This is time consuming, and relies mainly on CPU power. After convertx has converted your file(s) it will then burn the DVD. The speed it's showing is just how fast (slow) it's doing the job. Your DVD will be at the proper frame rate, and playback at the proper speed, once everything is done.

Your hard drive wouldn't even be close to the problem unless it can't do 20MB/s.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Convertxtodvd showed the fps rate at 14 and sometimes even 13-13 fps
    That's the rate of Convertx2dvd - the conversion speed, not the frame rate your final product will have.

/Mats
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Thanks guys I will attempt the conversion again.
    Quote Quote