VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
    Search PM
    Well looks like my old trusty Sony trinitron monitor is going to bite the dust and I really hate to see it go , the few I can find are either refurbs or very large and both carry ridiculous price tags. Mine is a rebranded Dell.

Anyhow I was hoping to maybe get a little more life out of it. Probably about a year ago I noticed these oarngeish colored lines (and no its not the two small horizontal lines embedded in the glass). These lines were really only visible on a dark background at first but have gotten progressively worse. there's about 20 of them using 1280x960 and the resolution does affect how many there are. They are almost vertical but have upward swing on the right and group closer together as they get to the top of the monitor.

That's not my real concern though, the color and contrast is fading but if I turn it on and off it will come back then slowly gets worse. Kind of like a grayish film.

I was considering maybe it might be a heat problem and was going to take the back off to blow as much dust out as possible but figured I'd ask if anyone thought that might help.
    Quote Quote  
  2. I had luck at sci.electronics.repair when my Trinitron TV developed a fault:

http://sci.tech-archive.net/Archive/sci.electronics.repair/2006-03/msg00039.html

(The images in the thread are no longer available).

The people on the group are very knowledgeable and helpful. I successfully repaired my TV simply by resoldering a few connectors.

If you can take a picture of the problem and post it somewhere, the experts in the sci.electronics.repair group will no doubt be able to diagnose the problem quickly.
    Quote Quote