VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I have a panasonic DVD vid cam and I am happy with it except for one thing. I transfer the DVD-R disk with the VR format file to my PC and it is copied as a .VRO file. I have read a few bits on this website but not found the answer to my problem.

I have chosen windows media player as the viewer and the footage is played but without audio. I have tried the trial AVS convertor software and converted it to an mpeg file. The audio then works but the video file has been cut from 40min down to 11min which is not really a solution.

I chose a DVD camcorder so I didn't have to mess about with cables or tapes and just play the disk on a dvd player...nothing is ever that easy! Can anyone offer any simple solutions?
    Quote Quote  
  2. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    What do you want to do ? Just play it on your computer? or edit and make a standard dvd?
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Firstly, there's no need to convert the VRO to mpeg as it is already in that format.

The sound issue is more likely that you do not have the appropiate codec for Windows Player.

The correct way to copy a VRO file from a dvd -r is import it. You can use Ulead Video Studio, ISO Buster, TMPengc DVD author or Nero. Ulead automatically renames the file(s) as mpeg. With the others you just rename.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Baldrick - I just want to play back the dvd on my computer and make copy for family.

DB83 - I thought windows media player 11 would update itself with relevant codecs and I am not promted when I play the file. I have tried real player as well and it won't play the visual or audio and I can't download any codecs for that either

Are any of the listed freeware so I can give it a try and are there any prblmens with trojans etc?
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by jon22330
    Baldrick - I just want to play back the dvd on my computer and make copy for family.

DB83 - I thought windows media player 11 would update itself with relevant codecs and I am not promted when I play the file. I have tried real player as well and it won't play the visual or audio and I can't download any codecs for that either

Are any of the listed freeware so I can give it a try and are there any prblmens with trojans etc?
    If you have NERO Vision, you can use that.
    You choose "Make a New DVD",
    then import the Video file (VRO), or import from a DVD DIsc (if the RAM DIsc still has the file VRO).
    Then you can choose what format (PAL/NTSC etc) and then go through the rest
    and save (or write to a Blank DVD directly).

Other option is use Panasonic's DVD Movie ALbum program to read the VRO file and convert them to mpeg file.
    Then use MyDVD to write that to DVD. I tried both methods.
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I was using Nero 6 and noticed 2 ways to use a VRO file with it.
    A file can be Imported. Nero will import it as an MPEG.

You can also use Add Video Files, selecting "All Files", so that Nero will see the VRO file on the disc.
    It will copy the file to your hard drive as a VRO file.
    The VRO file can be edited in Nero, without being converted to an MPEG, first.

Lastly, look for the free VLC media player. It will play many formats, even VRO.
    Quote Quote  
  7. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Replied to wrong thread
    Quote Quote