VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. I would like to transfer video files I created from my computer to my Blackberry 8830 microSD card. The videos are in MPEG-2 format and I need to transcode them into MPEG-4 format. The specific format specs that are compatible with my Blackberry are as follows:

MPEG-4 Part 2 (Simple Profile and bvop, including DivX 4)
    File formats - .avi, .3gp, .mp4, .mov
    Video - Up to 320 x 240, up to 800 kbps, up to 30 frames per second
    H.263 (Profile 0 & Profile 3)
    File formats - .avi, .3gp, .mp4, .mov
    Video - up to 320 x 240, up to 800 kbps, up to 30 frames per second
    Windows Media® Video (Simple Profile)
    File formats - .wmv
    Video - Up to 320 x 240, up to 800 kbps, up to 24 frames per second
    Note: Windows Media Video is supported in BlackBerry Device Software 4.2.1 and above.

What program can I use to transcode video files into the Blackberry compatible format listed above??
    Quote Quote  
  2. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    I would use AutoGK and make 320x240 avi Xvid or use XviD4PSP, it has a profile for the blackberry.
    Quote Quote  
  3. thanks. I used XviD4PSP and chose the Blackberry format for encoding. The video came out nice and played well for several minuts. However, after about 10 minutes or so the video started to stutter, I assume to resync with the audio, and then the fps seemed to drop off considerably, resulting in a choppy picuture that was way behind the audio. Any ideas on a fix for this??
    Quote Quote  
  4. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    What type of audio and bit rate are you using? Also, if it's MP3 is it VBR or CBR? Sync problems are almost always audio issues, although I suppose if you used too high a video bit rate when encoding that could also be a problem.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    SUPER can do that conversion, & quickly, too.
    Stiiv
    Quote Quote