VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I just bought a DVD recorder for my parents but it turns out it doesn't play their European PAL dvd's. So I'm looking for another one that can and also has a VCR. I did a search on here and only four came up, none of which looked good enough. I'd prefer to buy one in a store rather than online. Anyone have any ideas?

Thanks
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    Hackable and format converting players alone are a bit of a challenge to find....I HIGHLY doubt you will find a hackable and format converting combo unit.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    I'd suggest that your parents buy such a DVD recorder in Europe as anything you buy in the USA will ONLY record in NTSC. That's not what they are going to want. Philips makes a variety of DVD players that can easily be put into multi-region mode. I bought my father (he lives in the USA) an LG DVD recorder and it can be put into multi-region mode too, although he doesn't use that feature at all.
    http://www.amazon.co.uk
    will ship to the UK and Ireland and they sell electronics. If your parents live in another part of Europe, note that Amazon UK may refuse to ship electronics there. You might be best served to just wait until you go to visit them and buy a DVD recorder in a store AFTER you do the research to be sure it can be placed into multi-region mode.
    Quote Quote