VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 32 of 40
FirstFirst ... 22 30 31 32 33 34 ... LastLast
Thread
  1. Originally Posted by Chris K View Post
    Originally Posted by Libertyx82 View Post
    with the new Version of Avanti 0.8.7 i have the Problem, that the processes percent will not be shown.
    If Avanti functions normally, you should see the processed percentage on top of the window as...

Processed 62% (Press "In progress" to view details at status line).

If you press the "In progress" button you should get info about the estimated and remaining process time. Is it the info on top that doesn't show up or the other?

I checked it out and there's no bug in it but assuming you're on Windows 7/8, I'm afraid you use a install path that causes the known issues on these OS'. If so, you may also encounter other issues. Did you follow the install suggestions from the Avanti web site ...

http://avanti.arrozcru.org/windows7.htm

I had version 0.8.7 stable on on all my test paths (11). Try the "traditional" paths like "Program Files" on 32-bit or "Program Files (x86)" on 64-bit Windows. I kept it in the "Avanti-ffmpeg-GUI-087" folder as from the zip.

Chris
    I run Avanti on Win7 64bit and from Path C:\Program Files (x86)\Avanti-ffmpeg-GUI-087

Booth Infos doesn´t shown

And with Avanti Version 0.8.5 there is no Problem
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search PM
    Originally Posted by Libertyx82 View Post
    I run Avanti on Win7 64bit and from Path C:\Program Files (x86)\Avanti-ffmpeg-GUI-087

Booth Infos doesn´t shown

And with Avanti Version 0.8.5 there is no Problem
    Then change the length of the Avanti folder somewhat like in the suggestions. You can also add a few characters.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search PM
    Hi Chris,

Thanks for the release.

I had downloaded and installed the newer version of Avanti 0.8.7. Watch folder option worked perfectly till now for me, I had tried various types of source files, watch folder detect all the sources. I am also trying to burn TC using MXF source files, it's working without any error. Will update you if I get any error.
    Please let me know is it possible to auto move the completed source files to another location?

Thank you once again.
    Vijay
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search PM
    Originally Posted by vijm1972 View Post
    Please let me know is it possible to auto move the completed source files to another location?
    There's no option for that but at the "User Preferences" (top left button menu) is a option "Run on close". You could use that to run a DOS bat file with the text ...

Code:
    move c:\WatchFolder\*.* c:\destinationFolder
    exit
    Then every time you exit Avanti it will move the watch folder files to another location.

You should not use that to move files from e.g. drive C: to E: or to move them to another partition because then move actually means; copy the files to the destination folder and delete the source. This may take a lot of time and also has the risk of file corruption during copy.

If you move a file on the same drive and/or partition, it's only an update of the "file allocation table" (FAT). This is fast and doesn't alter the actual file data.

Chris
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search PM
    Hi Chris,

Please let me know how to force Avanti to make output Interlace, if I have a source files in MPEG2 Interlace format.

Thanks
    Vijay
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search PM
    Thanks.... I got the answered. -alternate_scan 1
    Quote Quote  
  7. Member
    Search PM
    How to force Avanti to make audio out as per below (PCM-BWF), I am able to make it as PCM-AES.

Format : PCM
    Format settings, Endianness : Little
    Format_Settings_Wrapping : Frame (BWF)
    Duration : 43mn 15s
    Bit rate mode : Constant
    Bit rate : 768 Kbps
    Channel(s) : 1 channel
    Sampling rate : 48.0 KHz
    Bit depth : 16 bits
    Quote Quote  
  8. Member
    Search PM
    Thanks.... I got the answered. -alternate_scan 1
    It requires a few more ...

-top 1 -flags +ildct+ilme -alternate_scan 1

There are two templates for interlaced mpeg2 included in Avanti (pal/ntsc). You can look at these.

As for BWF (Broadcast wave format). It's the same as MS wave but has a extension on the header. I can't find anything in the FFmpeg documentation to write that kind of header.

Chris
    Quote Quote  
  9. Member
    Search PM
    Hello Chris,

If I select to copy source audio in my destination audio settings, is it possible to create BWF header information in output? I had tried but it's showing PCM AES in output. Does that means copy option in Avanti actually not copy the source audio but encode the audio to different format?

Also wanted to know is it possible in Avanti to select the require audio tracks without using any command line. (without using -map command)
    I don't want to manually select all the tracks.

Thanks
    Vijay
    Quote Quote  
  10. Member
    Search PM
    If I select to copy source audio in my destination audio settings, is it possible to create BWF header information in output? I had tried but it's showing PCM AES in output. Does that means copy option in Avanti actually not copy the source audio but encode the audio to different format?
    As I wrote already, I don't see anything mentioned about a BWF header in the FFmpeg docs. It (FFmpeg) does not encode the PCM audio stream to a different format but it repacks it in a new, maybe slightly different, wav container. I don't know what tells you it's AES?

Also wanted to know is it possible in Avanti to select the require audio tracks without using any command line. (without using -map command)
    I don't want to manually select all the tracks.
    Yes, There's a input stream mapping option. You can double-click on the "Source 1" or "Source 2" field to call up the source properties, then double-click on the desired stream(s) with the <Alt> key down. The selected stream(s) than show up in red. See the help at index "FFmpeg/Input stream mapping" for more detail (and a picture).

EDIT:

I found BWF under file formats. It says both encoding and decoding. I then would expect to be able to use it as -f bwf but FFmpeg throws an error on that.

https://www.ffmpeg.org/general.html#File-Formats

Chris
    Last edited by Chris K; 12th Jan 2015 at 06:50.
    Quote Quote  
  11. Member
    Search PM
    Please find below media info of output file for your reference. My source is in PCM BWF format and output is in PCM AES format. I have also checked in FFMPEG, haven't found anything on BWF. But they have mentioned that BWF is supported. https://www.ffmpeg.org/general.html

Audio #1
    ID : 3
    Format : PCM
    Format settings, Endianness : Little
    Format_Settings_Wrapping : Frame (AES)
    Duration : 43mn 48s
    Bit rate mode : Constant
    Bit rate : 768 Kbps
    Channel(s) : 1 channel
    Sampling rate : 48.0 KHz
    Bit depth : 16 bits
    Stream size : 241 MiB (4%)

For audio tracks I wanted to configure audio tracks in watch folder. I can't select them manually. I had configured it using -map command, but it's easy if there is any option in Avanti Destination Audio Settings or it will automatically detect the source audio tracks.
    Quote Quote  
  12. Member
    Search PM
    Please find below media info of output file for your reference. My source is in PCM BWF format and output is in PCM AES format. I have also checked in FFMPEG, haven't found anything on BWF. But they have mentioned that BWF is supported. https://www.ffmpeg.org/general.html
    See my edit in above reply. I have a rather old MediaInfo installed that only shows a number code.

For audio tracks I wanted to configure audio tracks in watch folder. I can't select them manually. I had configured it using -map command, but it's easy if there is any option in Avanti Destination Audio Settings or it will automatically detect the source audio tracks.
    If your sources in the watch folder are audio/video clips and you want to extract the audio, you can set audio to copy and disable the video settings before you activate the watch option. If the clip has more audio streams, only the default stream is extracted.

I can not fully customize the watch option for one persons specific needs. Aside from that; I don't think I'm able to release a new version soon. Too many issues on Windows 7 and too many (false) virus alerts at VirusTotal with the current source code.

Chris
    Quote Quote  
  13. Member
    Search PM
    Hi Chris,

Is it possible to change Writing Application of output content and how to add Encoded Date? Please find below media info for your reference.

Format : MXF
    Format profile : OP-1a
    Format settings : Closed / Complete
    File size : 6.15 GiB
    Duration : 47mn 43s
    Overall bit rate : 18.4 Mbps
    Encoded date : 0-00-00 00:00:00.000
    Writing application : FFmpeg OP1a Muxer 56.15.101
    Writing library : FFmpeg OP1a Muxer 56.15.101

Regards
    Vijay
    Quote Quote  
  14. Member
    Search PM
    Is it possible to change Writing Application of output content and how to add Encoded Date? Please find below media info for your reference.

Format : MXF
    Format profile : OP-1a
    Format settings : Closed / Complete
    File size : 6.15 GiB
    Duration : 47mn 43s
    Overall bit rate : 18.4 Mbps
    Encoded date : 0-00-00 00:00:00.000
    Writing application : FFmpeg OP1a Muxer 56.15.101
    Writing library : FFmpeg OP1a Muxer 56.15.101
    FFmpeg doesn't allow to overwrite writing application/library metadata (which seems resonable to me).

FFmpeg also insist to write specific metadata to the mxf container which is not displayed by MediaInfo ...
    Code:
    Metadata_Write:
      ... uid             : adab4424-2f25-4dc7-92ff-29bd000c0000
      ... generation_uid  : adab4424-2f25-4dc7-92ff-29bd000c0001
      ... company_name    : FFmpeg
      ... product_name    : OP1a Muxer
      ... product_version : 56.18.101
      ... product_uid     : adab4424-2f25-4dc7-92ff-29bd000c0002
      ... modification_date: 0000-01-01 00:00:00
      ... material_package_umid: 0x060A2B340101010501010D001365BDBE529471344565BDBE0052947134456500
      ... timecode        : 00:00:00;00
      ... file_package_umid: 0x060A2B340101010501010D001365BDBE529471344565BDBE0052947134456501
      ... file_package_umid: 0x060A2B340101010501010D001365BDBE529471344565BDBE0052947134456501
    When I change the modification date, the FFmpeg log suggest it has taken the change but the actually written metadata still shows "modification_date: 0000-01-01 00:00:00".

Other containers like mkv and mov support a date at the global metadata that you can set in Avanti with...

-metadata date="$$time.year-$$time.month-$$time.day $$time.time"

Bottom line; I see no way to modify any of the data you mentioned.

Chris
    Quote Quote  
  15. Member
    Search PM
    Thanks for your reply. I wanted to add some extra future using Avanti or same type of application. By any alternate (commercial) way do you like to assist us on that? If you are interested will discuss further.
    Quote Quote  
  16. Member
    Search PM
    Thanks for your reply. I wanted to add some extra future using Avanti or same type of application. By any alternate (commercial) way do you like to assist us on that? If you are interested will discuss further.
    No, I'm not interested!

You might take a look at ffmbc. It has a forum where you perhaps can ask for such?

http://code.google.com/p/ffmbc/

Chris
    Quote Quote  
  17. Member
    Search PM
    Thanks!!!

As per my workflow I have created a process where my output file auto moved to another location. If somebody drop corrupt source file in the WF, is it possible to stop transcoding for that corrupt file and start next file. I don't want to auto move these corrupted transcoded files to another location.
    Quote Quote  
  18. Member
    Search PM
    As per my workflow I have created a process where my output file auto moved to another location. If somebody drop corrupt source file in the WF, is it possible to stop transcoding for that corrupt file and start next file. I don't want to auto move these corrupted transcoded files to another location.
    The watch option already continues when FFmpeg cancels a process but often it (FFmpeg) already created a zero byte file in the destination folder. I could add to delete that from the destination folder in the next version.

There are also occasions where FFmpeg continues processing with a range of warnings. The watch option is a automated process and I cannot "weigh" the warnings on their importance and take action like canceling and deleting the destination.

Chris
    Quote Quote  
  19. Member
    Search PM
    Hi Chris,

I have some source files which I had dropped in WF for transcoding process. After conversion files not fully converted. Source files have duration about 23 mins and output files duration is about 1 to 10 mins. I haven't got any error warning while conversion. When I dropped those same files again they got converted properly. Is there any way where I can find out why those files not fully transcoded at first attempt. I had enough space in output location and there is no network connection error at the first attempt.

Thanks
    Vijay
    Quote Quote  
  20. Member
    Search PM
    I have some source files which I had dropped in WF for transcoding process. After conversion files not fully converted. Source files have duration about 23 mins and output files duration is about 1 to 10 mins. I haven't got any error warning while conversion. When I dropped those same files again they got converted properly. Is there any way where I can find out why those files not fully transcoded at first attempt. I had enough space in output location and there is no network connection error at the first attempt.
    I'm afraid this is a timing issue where FFmpeg asks for a new file to process while the file in the watch folder is not yet completely copied.

Currently the only way I know to check this out is to test if the file is accessable. In my experience with local copying, I can not read a file if the copy process is still in progress. I use this to delay the request for a new file to process. But according to your described problem, it looks like there are exeptions where this not seems to work as expected. I'll take a closer look and see if there are alternatives to check this out.

Chris
    Quote Quote  
  21. Is there any way that I can pull the ffmpeg command line from AVANTI? AVANTI is a great front-end GUI, but once I find the proper combination of variables it would be great if I could see the command line "under the hood" that AVANTI used to generate those ffmpeg results. Thanks!
    Quote Quote  
  22. Member
    Search PM
    Originally Posted by spiderhole View Post
    Is there any way that I can pull the ffmpeg command line from AVANTI? AVANTI is a great front-end GUI, but once I find the proper combination of variables it would be great if I could see the command line "under the hood" that AVANTI used to generate those ffmpeg results. Thanks!
    Yes you can but Avanti creates the command line after you pressed the "Start Process" button so you have to do that and cancel after a few seconds. Then right-click on the field after "User VIDEO options >" for a menu.

It can show and save the command line but not all command lines will work outside Avanti because they may refer to temporary files in the "avtemp" folder (mainly temporary AviSynth scripts and ass subtitles).

Chris
    Quote Quote  
  23. Originally Posted by Chris K View Post
    Originally Posted by spiderhole View Post
    Is there any way that I can pull the ffmpeg command line from AVANTI? AVANTI is a great front-end GUI, but once I find the proper combination of variables it would be great if I could see the command line "under the hood" that AVANTI used to generate those ffmpeg results. Thanks!
    Yes you can but Avanti creates the command line after you pressed the "Start Process" button so you have to do that and cancel after a few seconds. Then right-click on the field after "User VIDEO options >" for a menu.

It can show and save the command line but not all command lines will work outside Avanti because they may refer to temporary files in the "avtemp" folder (mainly temporary AviSynth scripts and ass subtitles).

Chris
    Hey THANKS! I never would have figured that one out on my own. Really appreciate your help, thanks.
    Quote Quote  
  24. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Often times I used the -ss command but on larger videos it appears to time out and I cancel the process. For example right now I'm searching through a 15 minute video somewhere around 13 minutes but it's been over a half hour and nothing's processed yet. Should I give it more time or has it actually failed? I extract a lot of clips from video with Avanti as it's much more convenient to process in the background than using a WYSIWYG editor which eats up resources. Please advise. Thanks!

ADDENDUM: Not sure if Avanti timed out on it's own but the process completed but the resulting file was empty. Any way to fix this? I really need to be able to pull clips from larger videos. Thanks!

ADDENDUM2: Okay after reading the Avanti help, I restarted the application to re-initialize FFMPEG. If we still run into problems is there a convenient way to break up the video files to make them smaller to search through without losing quality? Thanks.
    Last edited by GoldenMeanie; 27th Jan 2015 at 15:00.
    Quote Quote  
  25. Member
    Search PM
    Originally Posted by GoldenMeanie View Post
    Often times I used the -ss command but on larger videos it appears to time out and I cancel the process. For example right now I'm searching through a 15 minute video somewhere around 13 minutes but it's been over a half hour and nothing's processed yet. Should I give it more time or has it actually failed?
    Is your profile still up to date (Pentium 4, 2.9ghz single core hyperthreading. Windows XP SP3, 1 gig ram.)?

I did a test with a vob of 27 minutes on a Athlon 1.7ghz 1.5 gig ram, XP sp3. I remuxed (copy audio and copy video) with -ss 00:25:00 and it took 44 seconds to seek and extract the last two minutes. I have the -ss 00:25:00 command at the [USER_VIDEO_OPTIONS] section of the script editor.

It would probably take more seek time if your source is HD (larger file size) but not that much. I used one of the latest Zeranoe builds.

Edit:

Did another test on a x264 source of 25 minutes with -ss 00:10:00 -t 00:02:00 and it only took 2 seconds to extract a two minutes clip starting at ten minutes within the source.

Chris
    Last edited by Chris K; 27th Jan 2015 at 16:07.
    Quote Quote  
  26. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by Chris K View Post
    Often times I used the -ss command but on larger videos it appears to time out and I cancel the process. For example right now I'm searching through a 15 minute video somewhere around 13 minutes but it's been over a half hour and nothing's processed yet. Should I give it more time or has it actually failed?
    Is your profile still up to date (Pentium 4, 2.9ghz single core hyperthreading. Windows XP SP3, 1 gig ram.)?

I did a test with a vob of 27 minutes on a Athlon 1.7ghz 1.5 gig ram, XP sp3. I remuxed (copy audio and copy video) with -ss 00:25:00 and it took 44 seconds to seek and extract the last two minutes. I have the -ss 00:25:00 command at the [USER_VIDEO_OPTIONS] section of the script editor.

It would probably take more seek time if your source is HD (larger file size) but not that much. I used one of the latest Zeranoe builds.

Edit:

Did another test on a x264 source of 25 minutes with -ss 00:10:00 -t 00:02:00 and it only took 2 seconds to extract a two minutes clip starting at ten minutes within the source.

Chris
    Well the only thing I can think of is I was was running too many processes while trying to extract the video and it naturally timed out. Will try again with nothing running in the background.
    Quote Quote  
  27. Member
    Search PM
    Well the only thing I can think of is I was was running too many processes while trying to extract the video and it naturally timed out. Will try again with nothing running in the background.
    There might be occasions where FFmpeg hangs on certain clips that have some kind of corrupted time stamps. I remember clips that were not seekable in media players too. Often the trackbar then immediately jumped to the end when I started playback.

I was curious and tried a HD (1280x720) clip on the same slow system. 1 hour 25 min (1.5gb file size). Extracted 12 minites with -ss 01:10:00 -t 00:12:00 and it took 1.05 minutes to seek and extract. Should I re-encode instead of re-mux, the encoding of course will take more time depending on the settings but FFmpeg should start within one minute of seek time with it.

Avanti uses a default FFmpeg time out of 20 seconds but you can increase that at the "User Preferences" if necessary.
    Quote Quote  
  28. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Okay I've got another problem I hope can be fixed. I know that FFMPEG will only join VOB files and one other type of container (can't remember) but I think what I really want to do is "Re-mux" and I'm still shakey on the whole muxing thing. My source files are also a bit weird. I render animated clips using an old 3D program called Cool 3D from Ulead systems and there is no audio stream in the final animation. I create simple lead ins for my video that need to be joined at the beginning of my main edit. So basically I need to join two MP4 video files, with the first one having no audio stream. How can this be done? Thanks!

Addendum: I'm trying a roundabout method of converting both clips to hi bitrate MPEG2 HD VOB of which I will combine and hope that works but I would like to eliminate this extra step even if it works.
    Last edited by GoldenMeanie; 28th Jan 2015 at 17:46.
    Quote Quote  
  29. Member
    Search PM
    Okay I've got another problem I hope can be fixed. I know that FFMPEG will only join VOB files and one other type of container (can't remember) but I think what I really want to do is "Re-mux" and I'm still shakey on the whole muxing thing. My source files are also a bit weird. I render animated clips using an old 3D program called Cool 3D from Ulead systems and there is no audio stream in the final animation. I create simple lead ins for my video that need to be joined at the beginning of my main edit. So basically I need to join two MP4 video files, with the first one having no audio stream. How can this be done?
    What you want, join/remux, is not the easiest thing to do!

Both the lead-in and the main clip need to have the exact same audio and video settings.

Assuming your lead-in is already in the proper video format, load the clip at "Source 1", set the audio settings at the main page the same as your main clip and the video settings to "Copy Video". Then copy the following to the FFmpeg script editor...

Code:
    [USER_VIDEO_OPTIONS]

-new

-i "@source1"
    -f lavfi -i "aevalsrc=0"
    -shortest
    -dvs
    -das
    -o "@destin1"
    This will remux the lead-in video and adds a silent audio stream with the proper settings.

Then use the concat demuxer (see help) to join/remux the 2 clips (both audio and video set to copy).
    Last edited by Chris K; 29th Jan 2015 at 08:09.
    Quote Quote  
  30. Member
    Search PM
    Hi Chris,

Wanted to know if I have a watchfolder which i am using for creating .mxf files, can I use same watchfolder to create same .mxf output but using stitch option. Means I have to use one watchfolder for single source and for stitching source files.

Thanks
    Vijay
    Quote Quote