VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hi, just wondering if anyone out there owns the Apex AD1250X DVD player? I have one and have been having a wee bit of trouble using it to play DIVX/XVID/Mpeg-4 Files. It plays 30% of any files I download and burn no problem.

The problem videos appear on my television bigger than the viewable area. For example, the titles, subtitles, etc are too big for the screen. Wondering what resolution I should convert these files to using the DIVX converter?

Any other tips or advice for this player? It has great potential if I can figure out this problem.

Thanks!!!!
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Depends on the source files. The subtitle issue is common for Hentai videos.

You can also compare a working video to a non working video using Gspot and see what is different. Display issues like this are likely AR (aspect ratio) related.
    Google is your Friend
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    thanks for the reply. this is happening with a lot of XVID encoded videos of all types, don't know about hentai. When I look at the ones that don't work they have many different resolutions. I guess I will have to begin to slowly log what works and doesn't work? That's fine but I was hoping to find out what is the best resolution that fits the screen. I am afraid if I just use what worked on another video I will lose quality.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    It's an overscan issue (all TVs generally overscan to some extent). Unless you pad the video with a black border (at least, on the top and bottom, you're probably going to see some of the video 'cut off' on one or more sides. If you just resize, your player will probably rescale the video to fit the screen, anyway, and you'll be right back where you started.
    If cameras add ten pounds, why would people want to eat them?
    Quote Quote