VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hey all,

I am looking for a simple video converter that can convert all types of formats to iTunes/iPod/Apple TV format for the Mac.

I am wondering if there is something out there that will keep all the qualities of the original video file and just convert it to a suitable iTunes format without having to manually specify the frame rate, resolutions, codecs etc.

Any help greatly appreciated.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Viddyup works great. If you don't mind delving into the seamy underbelly, there's MPEG Streamclip. The latter is free.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Is Viddyup really easy to use and carry over the qualities of the original video format to the new one? =)
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    I would recommend iSquint, or the full paid version Visual Hub. This is a one-click solution to iPod conversion. You may also want to look at Toast, the standard for Mac disk burning, which also offers conversion to iPod video.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    thanks all, can you confirm if visual hub also offers one click solution to mp4 conversions?
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by cdeath_ed
    thanks all, can you confirm if visual hub also offers one click solution to mp4 conversions?

Visual Hub works for me. Couldn't be simpler, just drag the video to the main window, and select the iPod tab, and click start. There are the required options to vary the quality of output, for TV or iPod, or H264 if you want better results with a longer conversion time. Visual Hub does offer a window for customizing output, but the default options work well.
    Quote Quote  
  7. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I suggest VisualHub, also.
    Quote Quote  
  8. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Fantastic, i appreciate the fast response and help guys thanks a lot =)
    Quote Quote