VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hey guys,

I'm pretty stupid with these sorts of things, and am struggling with my ADS Xpress DX2. I'd be really grateful for any/all help.

I installed my DX2 exactly as it said, and plugged it all in. I opened Arcsoft Showbiz DVD2 that it came with, and went to the capture bit, but all that came up in the preview section was a green-lined screen.

I think it's probably a problem with my video source rather than the ADS thing, but I've honestly not a clue. I'm trying to convert all my old VHS to DVD. I've got a pretty old (around 8-10 years old) BUSH VCR. In the back all it has is a SCART jack and an aerial jack. I plugged in the SCART adaptor that came with my Xbox, plugged in the red/yellow/white cables into the DX2, and all I got in the preview pane was the aforementioned green screen.

What's the problem here? Is it the SCART plug? I thought maybe as it was an Xbox one, it might not be suitable? Or is it my old VCR?

Thanks for any/all help.

-Jimmy
    Quote Quote  
  2. Mod Neophyte Super Moderator redwudz's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Just a guess, but you may not have the proper codecs installed in your computer. You might try ffdshow as it should give you the needed codecs. Alternatively, you could install the Xvid and Divx Codecs.

Maybe not the problem, but it might be a start. Sorry, I know next to nothing about SCART. But others here do.

And welcome to our forums.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Jimmy,

I had the same problem and was also using a scart adapter. Bought a new cable with a scart plug on one end ( for the VCR) and three pins on the other end for the dvd xpress box. It works perfectly. Thanks for giving me the idea. Hope it works for you.

Kilclare
    Quote Quote