VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2
FirstFirst 1 2
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Nice job guys. I was really getting worried there was some rogue virus attacking specifically DVDShrink. Running Windows 7 64-bit, your solution with FFDSHOW works great !

Give yourself a hand !
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I had the same issue with DVD Shrink 3.2 for the longest time (a few months), and adding it to the DEP list solved the problem for me. Mine had nothing to do with ffdshow. Perhaps a Windows Update locked out DVD Shrink until I manually added it to DEP.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by kongaloid View Post
    No one has mentioned the Data Execution Prevention issue that DVDShrink has with Windows XP and Server 2003, (Vista, etc.).

If DVDShrink is not included in the exceptions it simply will not start.

If you are still having this problem try this:

1) Start / Control Panel / System / Advanced
    2) In the Performance section click on Settings
    3) Select the Data Execution Prevention tab
    4) Click Add and browse to the DVD Shrink 3.2-exe file (Click Open)
    5) Click OK, and again.

Just another solution for the same issue, I hope it helps.
    This worked like a charm for me. Thanks!
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! my DVD Shrink now opens, I removed it from the list in ffdshow (just like zionmatrix says) and added it to the list in Data Execution Prevention (just like kongaloid says). Very happy now thanks again
    Quote Quote  
  5. So now it's New Year's 2013 & I just installed DVD Shrink v3.2.0.15 on Windows 7 Ultimate and I had the same problem - DVD Shrink would not start at all - no process ever started, period. I cycled through a lot of compatibility settings, etc. but no go. Then after reading this thread, I decided to add DVD Shrink to the Data Execution Protection exclusion list per Kongaloid's recommended fix, and the eula acknowledgement window appeared and when I accepted, Voila! DVD Shrink started right up. I haven't kicked tires yet, but at least I'm past a very frustrating first hurdle. Thanks to all of you for all your ideas and suggestions.
    PS - I had originally installed an evaluation version that asked for $$ to license it, but just by luck, I removed it and downloaded it from http://www.mrbass.org/dvdshrink/ (see budz's post) which when installed, would not run until I applied the DEP fix. I think the attached image indicates this installed version to be an official version:
    Image Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	About DVD Shrink.jpg
Views:	834
Size:	38.3 KB
ID:	15503  

Quote Quote  
  6. I think in my case it was a problem with .NET framework. I was trying to uninstall SQL server and then DVDShrink wouldn't start even though it was in the list of running processes. Spybot search&destroy wouldn't update or scan properly. After repairing .NET everything went back to normal.
    Quote Quote