VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
    Search Comp PM
    I'm pretty sure I remember ordering a while back from an online store - rima, meritline, etc - not sure which - that showed the manufacturer ID on their item description - so you knew exactly what you were getting. I just looked and couldn't see it anymore. Anyone still do this?
    Quote Quote  
  2. Mod Neophyte Super Moderator redwudz's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    archaeo, please don't double post. I deleted the other post. You could have bumped it instead.

Moderator redwudz

I don't see media codes listed much anymore on online stores. Maybe because the stores would have to check each shipment for codes and don't feel they can just guess at the code otherwise. Some companies change their disc manufacturers fairly often, so the code could vary by batch. But that's all just a guess.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    I am just a worthless liar,
    I am just an imbecil
    Quote Quote  
  4. Mod Neophyte Super Moderator redwudz's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by TooLFooL
    rima shows the media id....
    Yes, on TY, but apparenlty not on Ritek or ProDisc. But I didn't check all the brands.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    OK yeah, that's where I saw the media code listed - at rima, and for TY only... I don't see it for verbatim's.

*redwudz - did not mean to double post - I pm'd another mod (Baldrick) earlier today to delete the DVDR post...
    Quote Quote  
  6. Mod Neophyte Super Moderator redwudz's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    archaeo, not a problem. But I have to mention it.
    Quote Quote  
  7. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I haven't been on here in a while,but glad to drop in again. Is it still that if you can find a MADE IN JAPAN pack of DVD's those are really good ones?? Even though i can't find made in Japan locally anymore. I use -R dvd's, Is Taiyo Yudon still the Hot ticket for DVD's?/ Thanks for any help
    Quote Quote