VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hi I am definitely new to this type of software for video editing...flash yes can do that but wanted something that was easier for just editing and resizing mpeg files and to covert them. This program keeps crashing on trying to load the file. error message 0 x73ddllc7 have tried installing again guess what same thing. It came with my computer so it should work. So decided to try the windows movie maker, and it won't even stay up and try to get the file loaded it crashes and doesnt bother to clue me in. Tried getting help from the software providers themselves but guess they just are on xmas vacation. Could someone give me a clue on how to get the software to begin cooperating with the mpeg files? Or at least stay open long enough for me to screw up without their (software) help?
    thanks in advance, Viki
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Pinnacle Studio does crash, it's a feature not an error. In fact crashing is the one thing it does really well! That's why they give it away with computers. Windows Movie Maker should work once you have uninstalled Pinnacle but it is not ideal for editing mpeg and cannot save as mpeg. Have a look at the Tools list on the left of this page, Womble is one mpeg editor that many recommend.
    Quote Quote