VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Does any have this issue or know why? I have Apex 5131 3 disc changer it suddenly stop playing DVD. Well not quite stop.
    It stuck on the first play. Black screen. To be able to see any video is to slow motion, fast forward or fast backward. It will play CDR(CD\VCD\SVCD). Tried cleaning it with CD Cleaner didnt work.

Anyone knows or have any ideas of what might happen?

I also have a shinco that also suddenly wont play DVD, No disc. Have to turn off and back on to eject it.
    Athlon II X2 2.9Ghz
    4G ram, 500HD, Dual Boot Win7_64 & XP3_32, ATI HDTV WONDER
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Assuming you are testing with commercial discs and not discs that you burned, then I suspect you have hardware failure, most likely with the laser itself. Aside from cleaning the lense/laser with a Q-tip and some alcohol, there isn't much that you can do.
    Google is your Friend
    Quote Quote  
  3. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    Your Apex player is OLD. Years old. I am fairly certain that what has happened is that the DVD laser isn't working now. CDs use a different laser, which is why CD/VCD/SVCD work for you. You can try opening the player and cleaning the lens with a q-tip and alcohol, but most likely it's time to buy a new player.

Note that Apex's website no longer works and the company may be out of business. Their owner foolishly got into a tax dispute with the Chinese government and he thought he was so rich and powerful that he could get away with it. As far as I know he is STILL in prison in China since he was arrested 3+ years ago.
    Quote Quote