I have a particular MKV File that I am in the process of converting to DVD.
Normally, with MKVs that contain a video that are H264, I just use AllToAVI to convert it because I have never been able to get to work with CCE.
I decided to come on this forum and try to find out why I can never get CCE to accept and Avisynth Script with an input file of H264. I wrote a program in
VB.Net that streamlined all of my conversions such as OGM->AVI, MKV->AVI, but I cannot use this tool when I am dealing with H264.
Here are the specs for the MKV, based on the person who made it:
Here is the command I used with Mencoder to copy the video into an AVI Container:
mencoder "C:\input.mkv" -o "C:\output.avi" -aid 0 -mc 0 -ovc copy -oac mp3lame -lameopts cbr:br=128:mode=0
Now, I used FitCD to generate my AviSynth Script:
Here is the actual AviSynth Script FitCD generated
# -= AviSynth v126.96.36.199 script by FitCD v1.2.8 =-
ConvertToYUY2() # For VirtualDub or CCE
Here is what CCE says when I try to drag the AviSynth Script into it:
Here is what VirtualDubMod says when I try to drag the AviSynth Script into it:
Now, I tried changing "AVISource" to "DirectShowSource", but to no avail.
Any help would be greatly appreciated it. I will go ahead and use AllToAVI and also continue to search for the answers I am seeking in this post.
Versions of Software I used:
cccp - Not sure what version, but I know I downloaded my most recent version about 2-3 months ago
CCE SP Ver 2.70.02.10
+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 19 of 19
The 1 is illegal with YV12 video (all odd values are). It might work if you ConvertToYUY2() first.
Also note that AVISource() requires a VFW h.264 decoder (I'm pretty sure CCCP doesnt include one). Try DirectShowSource() instead.
Originally Posted by jagabo
How would I get a DirectShowSource? Does that come with CCCP?
When I changed it to DirectShowSource, CCE accepts it but I know something is wrong because the CCE Duration is wrong. It is specifying 10 minutes and this is an entire movie.
[ deleted ]
Thanks for the posts fellas.
Also, the AVI will play in Mplayer, but it seems to have trouble playing WMP.
Also, like usual, AllToAvi handled it fine. The Avi it rendered was opened in FitCD, and the AVS file was accepted without incident in CCE.
That is what is so confusing. AllToAvi uses Mencoder and all of my Mencoder command lines always failed when the input was H264.
I am starting from scratch and going over the mencoder guide. I never really understood Mencoder, just got a sample command line from 45Tripps one day and just rolled with that on all my files.
So I am sure I will have more questions for you all.
Originally Posted by Alex_ander
Both of my video machines are tied up at the moment, so I can't test this.
Unless of course you mean you drug the script in a Media Player and not CCE.
Thanks for the reply fellas.
Here is the script I used:
DirectShowSource("C:\input.mkv", fps=23.976, audio=false)
LanczosResize(704,480) <-----you said a 1 was an invalid value so I just took all the numbers to the right of 480 off
Still got the same error when I tried to open it up in CCE. To note, all the little icons did pop up in the systems tray when I dragged the script into CCE, so I know the Haali Splitter and FFDshow is installed correctly.
I already have the file on DVD, via AllToAvi, so I think I am going to concede defeat with the method we have been discussing.
now and then I create some slideshow movies with Avisynth's ImageSource.
When I use non-PNG pictures, TMPGEnc accepts the scripts, but when I try
to use PNGs, TMPGEnc displays an error message --- BTW, TMPGEnc does not
accept PNG files as a valid video input. I suppose something similar happens
to CCE with respect to H264 sources. As a "desperation move", I suggest trying
to use VirtualDub to frameserve the Avisynth script into CCE.
Originally Posted by Midzuki
Try forcing the avc1 codec in the AviSource command with output.avi. Alternatively try OpenDMLSource with avc1 forced.
Probably it was something related to my personal version of the
"codec hell" I was going to post a picture of the error message
I had referred to, but now, much to my surprise, TMPGEnc did accept
a PNG-ed ImageSource without a complaint Last week I uninstalled
MainConcept, which I used very rarely --- this might explain the miracle.
And as I said before, those error messages, related to the
Developer's Image Library (DevIL), were started not by Avisynth, but by
TMPGEnc Plus --- VirtualDub for example never had a problem at encoding
PNG ImageSource scripts, and this the reason why I suggested the double-frameserving.