VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2
FirstFirst 1 2
Thread
    Search Comp PM
    Not finding anything truly free for 64-bit.

Another workaround is if you have Snag-It installed, you can print to that and save as a .jpg/.bmp/etc. image.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    A while back I used Epson Print CD with a virtual printer, Microsoft XPS Document Writer (via the Manual Print button), to print to an XPS file. There should be a 64-bit version available as well as the 32-bit version I installed.

I changed the .xps file extension to .zip,because the format is basically a zipped .xml file. When I unzipped it, I found versions of the original graphics files that I used to create the disc. (If the zip file is called testec4.zip, the graphics files are in testec4\Documents\1\Resources\Images when it is unzipped.)

Microsoft XPS Document Writer provides the option to use lossless .pngs instead of .jpgs under "Advanced" in its Properties window, so it would be possible to recover complete background files in fairly high quality, if necessary.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Very clever, especially the renaming part. You can also rename it to a .rar extension.

However, when you go looking for your image in your unzipped or unrared folder, in Documents/1/Resources/Images, you'll find that the process has decompiled your label into its individual images, so if your label was made of three or four images, you'll find all three or four separately, but not an image of your complete label (except for a tiny, compressed thumbnail elsewhere), so you have to reconstruct your label design.

It's OK if you want to recover each individual component image so as to redesign your image from scratch, but not if you want a quick way to export your finished label as a single complete image file. If your label was made up just one image, though, then it's also OK.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I think the image appears to be "de-compiled" because the resources are stored as separate pieces in the original ec3 file, and sent to the printer as distinct elements by PrintCD, to be assembled by the printer. Well, at least it does allow one to recover the bits and pieces, if those are the only copies available.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    I may have found a work-around for the 64bit versions of windows:

Install Bullzip PDF printer (which works as a printer, and will create jpgs) - which is compatible with x64 versions.

http://www.bullzip.com/products/pdf/info.php No adware, etc. for consumer users with less than 10 licenses.

From Epson Print CD (using the template you desire).

Select "Print"

Select "Other Printer"

Select "Manual Print"

Select Bullzip as the printer, select paper size.

"OK"

I get the "inner diameter" warning, as mine is set to 18mm - so I have to select "OK" again.

Set your options under Bullzip, including resolution of your jpeg (or pdf). select print and you get an image of your ec3 or ec4.
    ;/ l ,[____], Its a Jeep thing,
    l---L---o||||||o- you wouldn't understand.
    (.)_) (.)_)-----)_) "Only In A Jeep"
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Here's an example (saved at 150x150 dpi for sizing reasons):

This took an .ec4 file (newer version of .ec3 file) and converted it to a .jpg with Bullzip:
    Image Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Geek Squad Repair Disc.ec4.jpg
Views:	2393
Size:	38.7 KB
ID:	6586  

;/ l ,[____], Its a Jeep thing,
    l---L---o||||||o- you wouldn't understand.
    (.)_) (.)_)-----)_) "Only In A Jeep"
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Excellent, it works. Now we have solutions for both 32 and 64 bit. Nice finds!

Runs on Microsoft Windows 2000/XP/XP x64/2003/2003 x64/Vista/Vista x64/2008/Windows 7.

Multiple output types supported: BMP, JPEG, PCX, PDF, PNG, and TIFF.
    This saves the extra step of converting .pdf to .jpg./bmp./etc. which had to be done with CutePDF and PrimoPDF since neither of those has an option to output directly to other image formats, as Bullzip PDF Printer does.
    Last edited by p_l; 24th Apr 2011 at 20:20. Reason: grammar
    Quote Quote  
  8. anyone find anything for printing to jpg?

all I can find is spamware so far.

Finally have no choice but to make the switch to canon as I can no longer find any usable epsons and finally used up my last epson.

getting harder to find cheap oem ink too. amazing how they magically work again with oem ink filthy *#&)$*)*!#@$

got the ip7220

thankfully most of my files are in jpg format. is there any good dvd printing software that works with canon printers that is "Brain dead easy" like print cd was?

I just want to open the program. Drag and drop my already set ready to print jpg onto it and click print. no clicking next or insert or import or any other crap.

open. drag drop jpg. click print.

suggestions?
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    For your ip7220, I see Canon now uses software called "My Image Garden" Name:  svomit_100-127.gif
Views: 2539
Size:  3.1 KB

http://youtu.be/EKijqjro6tE

You can also try the old, dead easy (does open, drag 'n' drop, print, as you wish) Canon CD-LabelPrint I still use.
    Quote Quote  
  10. ahh man I was gonna kiss you. that software looks amazing. sadly it does not permit you to drag and drop backgrounds!

you can drag and drop images but they are not applied as backgrounds but as drop in images so they don't "scale and set" as a background!

is there a way to alter that behavior? I am still checking. although it seems if I "size" the image properly it does overbleed the overlay so you don't get any side slop. so I can work around that and do the drag and drop no problem.

if I find a consistent working size I can just run a batch conversion of all my images to this size and be done with that

another huge problem is it does not hub print. smallest inner diameter is 33mm which leaves a crap ton of "white" in the center of the disc (ie looks like garbage)

anyway to hack that or maybe a specific version that goes below 33mm ? that is a big problem for me sadly. I think I need 27mm IIRC to do hub printing.

ok that inner circle page SAYS I can go down to 17mm but it also says I can only go plus or minus 10mm. since it STARTS at 43 I can only go down to 33.

how do I change this?

I think I got it file paper source select "WIDE CD" 12cm and it lets me go down to 17mm now. Trying print to see what happens now. be right back.

very annoyingly the software can not be easily opened with its icon as it ALWAYS Presents you with a mandatory new whatever exit selection box. BUT if you save a blank sample it not only remembers your settings it bypasses that stupid selection box. open sample icon drop image click print. SWEET!!!

OK Final update.

Drag and drop is sorted. as long as its the same on both dimensions it drops proper and square.

bypass the opening crap by saving a sample blank file use that to execute the program.

prints flawlessly once you figure out the veritcal offset you need (.4 to .5 for me)

GORGEOUS output. I would even say superior to the epson. having to open and close the inner door is a REAL pain each time but its better than nothing that is for sure and MUCH cheaper ink $8 a set 2 day shipped!

THANK YOU SO MUCH for showing me that software. I was DREADING teaching everyone to use that "other" crap fest of a software program. this one is quite similar in easy of use from to the epson cd software.

thank you again!
    Last edited by nerys; 1st Oct 2014 at 21:58.
    Quote Quote