VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    My project has a VMG (4 switched) menu, each of which links to VTS switched menus. Each VTS is structured with one movie and a number of one chapter playlists that are individually selectable from the switched menus.

Before finalizing the project I reviewed the navigation of the menus and managed to get everything working except for the VMGs, I think. In particular, I made sure that selecting the Menu button on the remote placed the user back at the correct VTS menu by assigning the menu's, movie's, and chapter playlist's menu button to a specific menu. However, this option doesn't seem to be available for VMGs.

The current behavior when viewing a VMG menu and selecting the Menu button on the remote, results in the last movie that was playing, starting at the point it was interrupted. Not seeming to have any viable option, I chose to prohibit any Menu selection on the VMG menus using the UOP area. Is this my only option?

On another topic, navigation with the chapter skip (next or previous) button on the remote jumps through the expected movie and chapter playlists within a VTS but then jumps to ANOTHER VTS on the next chapter skip press. Is there a way to restrict chapter skip functionality to within a single VTS? I'm thinking that I may be able to disable the Chapter Skip button for the single chapter playlists by UOP. But I'm not sure how to restrict to a single VTS.

Edit: Which UOP selection disables the next and prev button on the remote? Is it Forward/Backward Scan or NextPG/PrevPG or something else?

Thanks for any insight
    Quote Quote  
  2. Thats how DVD is designed. The "menus" buttons weren't designed to be pressed while in a menu - only in a VTS. Pressing Menu will recall the resume info and take you back from where you left off.

The "Title Menu Button" goes to one place ONLY on the disc - The Title Menu in the VMG
    The "Menu Button" goes to 1 place on the disc ONLY - The Root Menu in the VTSM of that VTS.

You can get around this with some creative programming but those are the laws.

Next/Prev disables those UOPS.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    There are a number of useful tips in the "Help" section of DLP. Search on VTS and you will find sections that go into detail about VMG structure with some suggested ways to stay within the rules yet still accomplish what you need to do.
    Quote Quote