VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Anybody having the same problem that the Samsungplayer DVD-HR737 doesnt work with 1-16X DVDs
    Tested Verbatim TDKand fujifilm all 1-16X
    No problem with 1-4X and 1-8X discs

When i burn a movie on a DVDdisc I always test it on an older DVDplayer brand Gemini 350 located close to the computer .When a friend a while ago couldn play a DVD I sent him on his samsungplayer HR-737 I got the DVD bac and the same happened on my Samsungplayer.
    I tested a lot of DVDs and the conclusion all palyed well on the old Geminiplayer but only less than 1-16X DVDs eg 1-4X and 1-8X worked on the samsung DVD-HR737

New firmware required?

Samsung wide screens areOK - but their experience with players doesnt seem good enough????

Bengt
    Quote Quote  
  2. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    Try burning the 16x discs at a lower speed, like 8x or 4x. There were some weird issues a few years with 16x discs from some companies, but supposedly they are fixed. Maybe your burner just has problems with 16x burning. I never burn anything faster than 4x on my burner, whether or not the DVD disc allows it, and I have never problems with my burns. You could try a firmware upgrade on your burner, but if that doesn't work, try burning at a slower speed.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Comment by myself

Baught my in Sweden at Expert with ordinary stores in the towns and cities they have bad support and just relay you to the manufacturers
    If you should buy this type of equipment in Sweden I recommend Netonnet in Sweden good products and reliablae fast support!

/bengt
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Thanks jman for your comment
    My internal burner only burns 4X but1-16X DVDs no but 1-8X DVds OK

I have tried 8X with 1-16X DVDs that doesnt work
    I have tried an external newer burner at 16x and 8X that doesnt work but it works with 8X with 1-8X DVDs - now I cant get hold of any new 1-8X DVDs any longer my supply is finito.

I will try ur advice also 1-16X at 4X

My opinion is still there WATCH OUT before you buy a Samsung DVDrecorder there are a lot of better brands I belieive

Ben
    Quote Quote