VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Is there any way of removing the titles on this movie, as the audio is in english but as you can see by snapshot the subtitles isnt

Quote Quote  
  2. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    Maybe but we need more info. What's the format of this movie? DVD? VCD? VHS? Something else?

DVD subtitles can be "burned into" the film, which means they are part of the video image. Usually though, DVD subtitles are selectable, which means they can be turned on and off. If you have a DVD, you'll need to use IFOEdit to open it and see if it finds a subtitle stream in the VOB. If not, they are burned into the film. If they are selectable, even if they are forced on, they can be turned off either by pressing a button on the remote control or by ripping the DVD, using IFOEdit to hack some hexadecimal values and then reburning the DVD. Look for a guide on how to force DVD subtitles on and basically do the opposite to turn off the forcing.

If your subtitles are "burned in", then you have to use a logo remover to get rid of it. The process of doing this is complicated and the results are less than ideal. You will most definitely still see something where the subtitles were, it will just be fuzzy and sort of look like the background, but not be quite right. It is VERY noticeable. You will have to convert your video to AVI or frame serve it and use an AVI filter for this purpose.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Hi thanks for info but i am a bit new at all this the movie is in .avi but i have enclosed a snap of gspot below

Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    The subtitles are hard coded into the video file, meaning they are now part of the video/picture. About all that you could do would be to blur them, but to me that is a lot of work for no real gain. You won't get any of the missing picture back. It basically just changes the color of the text to match the surrounding areas of the subtitles. You will then see a dark blurry area instead of text, which I find more distracting.

There should be a guide or two, just do a search on logo removal for more info.

EDIT: There is a whole section in the HOW TO: Edit section.
    Google is your Friend
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Try VirtualDub MSU Subtitle Remover

Haven't used this myself, but have used other filters from MSU.
    Quote Quote